TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- John Prescott: Israel’s bombardment of Gaza is a war crime – and it must end – John Prescott – Mirror Online
- Gaza’s sheer destruction; 1000 Palestinians killed
- IMMIGRATION + INTERVIEW + AUDIO: The Child Migrant Crisis | Neo-Griot
- Spike Lee Creates Video About NYPD Chokehold Incident Involving Eric Garner | Afro
- Police forcibly strip, lock up, pepper-spray Indiana woman VIDEO — RT USA
- – Another Native American Tribe Cancels Ted Nugent Concert After He Refers To Them As ‘Unclean Vermin’ ow.ly/2KKNPV 53 minutes ago
- Palestinian Death Toll Reaches 1000 As IDF Presses On With 'Operation Protective Edge' ow.ly/2KKNPU 53 minutes ago
- #Gaza’s sheer destruction; 1000 #Palestinians killed | In Gaza ow.ly/zCdyh 57 minutes ago
- Palestinian Death Toll Reaches 1000 As IDF Presses On With 'Operation Protective Edge' | APNS Novaĵagentejo ow.ly/zCdq4 1 hour ago
- A few things about Israel you won't see much of in mainstream media ow.ly/2KKM4q 1 hour ago