TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Former Colombia officials extradited to the US for aiding drug traffickers | Colombia Reports
- Engineer at Elite Army Weapons Lab Tied to Racist Groups | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center
- Filipino Workers to Get More Rights in Saudi Arabia | @pritheworld
- Police raids cause generational damage: waateanews.com
- Police commissioner defends raid decisions
- The Resident: NYC sued over NYPD’s Operation Lucky Bag (by... ow.ly/2x7eRH 15 hours ago
- Video: The Resident: NYC sued over NYPD’s Operation Lucky Bag (by RTAmerica) tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlgrrVi 17 hours ago
- Virginia lt. gov. nominee: Not sorry for hate speech ‘because I’m a Christian’ - Democratic Underground ow.ly/2x73rY 17 hours ago
- "The two suspects in the butchering to death of a British soldier had been known to the domestic..." ow.ly/2x73s0 17 hours ago
- USA - Amnesty International Responds to President Obama's Speech | Amnesty International Canada ow.ly/2x70nm 18 hours ago