TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Vonderrit Myers’ family releases autopsy, lawyers say findings conflict with police reports – St. Louis American: Local News
- ALERT! Mumia & Movement Are Under Attack: TAKE A STAND 10/21 -12/22
- US Police Corrupted By Mexico’s Cartels Along Border
- GOP Senate would be intel ally – By BURGESS EVERETT | 10/23/14 4:30 PM EDT Updated: 10/23/14 5:06 PM EDT
- Malaysia’s Opposition Leader Anwar Ibrahim Awaits Sodomy Appeal Verdict
- Archivo de destaques individuales : CMI-PR - Archivo de destaques individuales : CMI-PR - 1) En todo el mundo, per... ow.ly/2PFXlW 4 hours ago
- I CARE - - British man gets jail time for sending lawmaker anti-Semitic tweet ow.ly/2PFXlV 4 hours ago
- Blackwater Founder Remains Free and Rich While His Former Employees Go Down on Murder Charges - The Intercept ow.ly/2PFTKs 4 hours ago
- Canadian Government Seizes on Ottawa Shooting to Promote Militarist, Anti-democratic Agenda Information Clearing... ow.ly/2PFTKt 4 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #SocialJustice & #WrongfulConvictions w/ @FreeCalvinBuari & @Delaproser ow.ly/tbwu9 / http:/ow.ly/tbwuR 5 hours ago