TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- ALEC calls for penalties on ‘freerider’ homeowners in assault on clean energy | World news | theguardian.com
- The NSA’s weird alphabet soup of code names
- UN to fly surveillance drones over DR Congo skies
- Saudi intelligence chief meets with Putin in Moscow
- Australia spied on East Timor in 2004 over oil and gas deals
- #Transphobia & the Paradigms of Human Difference w/ @sophiaphotos ow.ly/rsZH6 #Discrimination #Trans #Bias #Gender 3 hours ago
- Russia: Detained Activist Transferred to House Arrest | Human Rights Watch ow.ly/2BWFH2 7 hours ago
- '60s Scoop' class action not a matter for courts, say lawyers - Thunder Bay - CBC News ow.ly/2BWFH1 7 hours ago
- '60s Scoop' class action not a matter for courts, say lawyers - Thunder Bay - CBC News ow.ly/2BWFH0 7 hours ago
- Breaking news: Guarani leader and film-star murdered - Survival International - Ambrósio spoke out... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10IECM5 8 hours ago