TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Philly Antifa on KSS: “Economics is a red herring”
- Far-Right Islamic extemists release viodeo of decapitated Syrian soldiers
- NSA shares raw intelligence including Americans’ data with Israel | World news | The Guardian
- Today in NYPD chokehold news, a pregnant woman grilling on her sidewalk.
- Chinese hackers obtained info on Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system – report — RT News
- Israeli Soldier Leaks Accounts of Revenge Attacks Against Civilians by Troops in Gaza - International Middle East ... ow.ly/2KT8u6 35 minutes ago
- Haiti: UN head makes cholera 'pilgrimage' | World War 4 Report ow.ly/2KT8u5 35 minutes ago
- Video: كيف دمرت اسرائيل حياً كاملاً في غزة بساعة - AlArabiya Video (via YouTube) — CANADIANS 4 GAZANS |... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MrMrLV 41 minutes ago
- "Despite the state’s ‘Stand Your Ground’ law, Alexander is facing 60 years in prison for having fired.... ow.ly/2KT4An 43 minutes ago
- "We, the undersigned academics, lawyers, and community leaders, are profoundly perturbed by the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MrLR3r 46 minutes ago