TWO weeks after the election, it cannot be said that everything has calmed down, because Venezuela is and will be the hotbed of passion which all revolutions bring with them. Here is a look from the terrain cleared by an ample, transparent victory, as publicly acknowledged by the man who opposed President Hugo Chávez.The Bolivarian Revolution triumphed by a much larger margin than the right-wing media anticipated up until the last moment, when it solely highlighted that Henrique Capriles had filled the streets with supporters in response to his call for a return at all costs to the Venezuela of the Punto Fijo Agreement, in a kind of optical illusion contradicting the overwhelming crowds mobilized by Chávez. But all these tricks failed to produce the result desired by the oligarchy and its million-dollar external backing, whether in the form of $20 million from the United States, or the Spanish media and those which replicated it in Latin America.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Federal Official Declares That Anyone Who Speaks Out Against Lie Detector Tests Should Be Criminally Investigated | Techdirt
- #Philly Court Orders Website To Unmask Anonymous Commenter ‘Named’ In Defamation Suit | Techdirt
- Fourth World Radyo: Strange Bedfellows – Capitalist Ghost Wars and the Odd Couple of Fascist Friendships
- NATO to fly AWACS over Poland, Romania to monitor Ukraine crisis – News – World – The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video
- 10.03.2014: Jagd auf Linke Tageszeitung junge Welt
- "According to Granma newspaper, Hernandez died at the age of 92, as a result of complications of..." ow.ly/2EAPPu 1 hour ago
- U.S. Human Rights Record Undergoes International Scrutiny | American Civil Liberties Union ow.ly/2EASeW 1 hour ago
- A short introduction to the Two Row Wampum – Briarpatch Magazine ow.ly/2EASeX 1 hour ago
- "According to Granma newspaper, Hernandez died at the age of 92, as a result of complications of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19oJF5D 2 hours ago
- "The ICCPR review process presents the administration with an opportunity to put President Obama’s..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19oGflU 2 hours ago