Both parties looked to regional backers to foot large parts of the bill for the respective conventions. A number of well-heeled Tampa-area individuals and companies picked up much of the tab for the Republican Convention in August, while Charlotte, N.C.-based Bank Of America was the single largest source of financial support behind the Democratic Convention in that city in early September. But the money from Bank of America wasn’t a contribution — it was a loan Democrats had to take out to cover the cost of their event.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- PressTV – ISIL: We will attack Saudi Arabia during Eid al-Adha
- PressTV – US police force have become militarized: Analyst
- Disney files patent applications to use drones in its theme parks – Orlando Sentinel
- Cyber attack reveals data on at least 25,000 workers at the US Department of Homeland Security | The Verge
- BBC News – NSA and GCHQ agents ‘leak Tor bugs’, alleges developer
- Georgia restores gun rights to ex-cop who attempted to rape a woman with his gun ow.ly/2MvvYY 46 minutes ago
- Georgia restores gun rights to ex-cop who attempted to rape a woman with his gun - kohenari: One thing is... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLC79j 1 hour ago
- Photo: guardian: Zara has pulled a striped shirt featuring a yellow star on the front from sale after it... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLBpse 1 hour ago
- Secret files reveal 9,000 Nazi war criminals fled to South America after WWII - According to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLBY3L 1 hour ago
- "I’m also a killer. I’ve killed a lot, and if I need to I’ll kill a whole bunch more. If you don’t want..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLBSr7 1 hour ago