Both parties looked to regional backers to foot large parts of the bill for the respective conventions. A number of well-heeled Tampa-area individuals and companies picked up much of the tab for the Republican Convention in August, while Charlotte, N.C.-based Bank Of America was the single largest source of financial support behind the Democratic Convention in that city in early September. But the money from Bank of America wasn’t a contribution — it was a loan Democrats had to take out to cover the cost of their event.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Is Nestle Involved in Murder Of Columbian Union Leader? | Alternet
- Pacific Politics » Political news and analysis brought to you by the Pacific Institute of Public Policy » The long walk to freedom
- REV. JESSE LEE PETERSON: THANKS GOD AND THE WHITE MAN FOR SLAVERY
- Thoughts On Arrogance
- Scotland, Farage and Me
- "The announcement left many disappointed that a small number of aggressive extremists could ruin what..." ow.ly/2x08XD 2 hours ago
- :: NEWS :: NIRS :: Arnhem Land man opposes adoption idea ow.ly/2x00Nq 4 hours ago
- Unsubscribe: Threat of 'Koch Hate' Spawns 'People's Takeover' | Common Dreams ow.ly/2wZZ4A 5 hours ago
- Burma: Telecoms Risk Complicity in Surveillance, Censorship | Human Rights Watch ow.ly/2wZZ4B 5 hours ago
- "The announcement left many disappointed that a small number of aggressive extremists could ruin what..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlNOPMs 6 hours ago