The doctors’ strike committee has warned the Doctors’ Syndicate board not to work against its ongoing stoppage.Doctors have been on a partial strike since 1 October to demand an increase in health spending to 15 per cent of the state budget, better healthcare standards, improved security at hospitals and wage increases.”The board’s manoeuvrings and the yielding tone it adopts in the media indicates its desire to end the strike even though it has widespread support and has not harmed a single patient,” read the committee’s statement on Thursday.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Gitmo media blackout hopes to undermine hunger strikers | Al Jazeera America
- Rise of The ‘Angry White Male’: Desperate & Insecure Whites See Years of Unfettered Privilege Slipping Away | PoliticalArticles.NET
- Let us spy: NSA chief pleads with Senate to keep surveillance programs — RT USA
- Beijing bans ‘sensitive topics’ during Mandela funeral coverage | South China Morning Post
- Obama & Holder Win Court Case, Keep Thousands in Prison Under Unfair 80s Crack Sentencing Laws | Black Agenda Report
- UN Declaration on Rights Defenders -- asafeworldforwomen.org - Declaration on the Right and Responsibility... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10ykOIw 2 hours ago
- "In real life, it wasn’t just Margaret Thatcher who branded Mandela a terrorist and resisted sanctions,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10yWGHP 3 hours ago
- The Secret History of How Cuba Helped End Apartheid in South Africa | Democracy Now! ow.ly/2C32Er 3 hours ago
- "His last day with the agency was December 6,” she said. She could not, however, clarify whether he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10yHksW 3 hours ago
- "Before making the decision, justices G S Singhvi and S J Mukhopadhaya heard the appeals of..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10yF0c7 4 hours ago