By Pip Hinman, CaracasAbout 3 million people march.Nothing quite prepares you for a first visit to Venezuela ― especially when the country is polarised between two very different visions for the future.This is how it was just before the October 7 presidential elections, which socialist President Hugo Chavez won with 55% of the vote in the largest turnout, more than 81%, in Venezuelan history.The polarisation was marked by the fact that Chavez, who ran on a platform for a transition to socialism, and the opposition, whose right-wing candidate Henri Capriles ran on a platform that claimed to support Chavezs famous social missions, received their highest votes ever since Chavez was first elected in 1998.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Defense stocks up big as ISIS crisis escalates – Sep. 22, 2014
- Caught on Tape: The Increasingly Strange and Worrisome Case of the White House Fence Jumper
- Do We Really Want Cops With Body Cameras Filming Everything They See? | Internationalist Prison Books Collective
- Suspicions Run Deep in Iraq and Elsewhere That C.I.A. and the Islamic State Are United | CLG News
- Article: Important victory in case of Ray McGovern’s brutal arrest | OpEdNews
- sikssaapo-p: #mmiw - sikssaapo-p: #mmiw ow.ly/2NXSG8 3 hours ago
- Photo: sikssaapo-p: #mmiw tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RUWwe2 3 hours ago
- "Many years ago I noticed an increase of the acquisition of unquestionably Arab foods by Israelis and..." ow.ly/2NX0sN 10 hours ago
- "Many years ago I noticed an increase of the acquisition of unquestionably Arab foods by Israelis and..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RTdbUM 11 hours ago
- Evo Morales: Hay que erradicar discriminación indígena (+AUDIO) | RNV – Radio ow.ly/2NWT9E 11 hours ago