By Pip Hinman, CaracasAbout 3 million people march.Nothing quite prepares you for a first visit to Venezuela ― especially when the country is polarised between two very different visions for the future.This is how it was just before the October 7 presidential elections, which socialist President Hugo Chavez won with 55% of the vote in the largest turnout, more than 81%, in Venezuelan history.The polarisation was marked by the fact that Chavez, who ran on a platform for a transition to socialism, and the opposition, whose right-wing candidate Henri Capriles ran on a platform that claimed to support Chavezs famous social missions, received their highest votes ever since Chavez was first elected in 1998.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- C.I.A. TIE REPORTED IN MANDELA ARREST – New York Times
- Mandela, the man once branded a ‘terrorist’ by the U.S. – Al Arabiya News
- | RIP: South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies in Johannesburg!
- FAO: Latin America and Caribbean Countries Lead the World in Hunger Reduction
- RCMP security for SWN frackers to top $4 million
- "‘The Natives you’ve known to be sympathetic to the cause are probably ones who’ve experienced..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10PYGSS 12 hours ago
- ABORIGINAL NEWS GROUP STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF NELSON MANDELA (MADIBA) ow.ly/2BXAQc 13 hours ago
- ABORIGINAL NEWS GROUP STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF NELSON MANDELA (MADIBA) | APNS Int. ow.ly/rvnQ0 13 hours ago
- ABORIGINAL NEWS GROUP STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF NELSON MANDELA (MADIBA) | APNS Int. - FOR IMMEDIATE... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10P2Fr_ 14 hours ago
- "I’ve had several companies come in and they have said just the fact — just the fact — that in the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10P1gOE 14 hours ago