October 20 marked one year of the death of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The politician died a horrible death: Gaddafi was first tortured and then executed. Initially, it was claimed that the Colonel had been killed in a shootout. However, after the video of the terrible tortures spread around the world, the version of death in the shootout ceased to exist.By this date, Human Rights Watch HRW, an international human rights organization, released new evidence showing that Gaddafi, contrary to the official version, had not been accidentally wounded in a shootout. The newly released data shows that he was tortured by rebels. Afterwards, they killed his son Mutassimom and 66 Gadaffi supporters. All the prisoners were subjected to severe tortures before death. The human rights organization published a 50-page report, “Death of a Dictator: Bloody Vengeance in Sirte.” The report emphasizes that the Libyan authorities have not kept their promise to investigate the death of Colonel Gaddafi and punish all those responsible for the massacre. HRW accused the Libyan government of harboring war criminals.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Android security mystery – ‘fake’ cellphone towers found in U.S.
- Jennifer Lawrence, other celebs’ pictures leaked: FBI addressing the matter – CBS News
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- "Speaking to a group of 40 potential Ukip council and parliamentary candidates he said: “Look back to..." ow.ly/2MLFOE 9 hours ago
- "Speaking to a group of 40 potential Ukip council and parliamentary candidates he said: “Look back to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Pp2ICW 11 hours ago
- "It was “abhorrent” British citizens had “declared their allegiance” to groups like Islamic State, he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Po-cBS 11 hours ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/2MKEZx 16 hours ago
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." ow.ly/2MKuNK 17 hours ago