October 20 marked one year of the death of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The politician died a horrible death: Gaddafi was first tortured and then executed. Initially, it was claimed that the Colonel had been killed in a shootout. However, after the video of the terrible tortures spread around the world, the version of death in the shootout ceased to exist.By this date, Human Rights Watch HRW, an international human rights organization, released new evidence showing that Gaddafi, contrary to the official version, had not been accidentally wounded in a shootout. The newly released data shows that he was tortured by rebels. Afterwards, they killed his son Mutassimom and 66 Gadaffi supporters. All the prisoners were subjected to severe tortures before death. The human rights organization published a 50-page report, “Death of a Dictator: Bloody Vengeance in Sirte.” The report emphasizes that the Libyan authorities have not kept their promise to investigate the death of Colonel Gaddafi and punish all those responsible for the massacre. HRW accused the Libyan government of harboring war criminals.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- ‘Here are the missiles!’ US Congress passes emergency funding for Israel’s Iron Dome — RT USA
- Pro-Palestinian campaigners hang banner from Westminster Bridge calling for end to Israel arms sales – London – News – London Evening Standard
- Mongolian PM’s senior advisor arrested by anti-corruption agency — China Development Gateway — Sharing Information, Knowledge and Tools
- Atlanta’s Emory University Hospital to receive patient infected with Ebola | Society | theguardian.com
- Elsipogtog man says RCMP officers visited home with questions about Facebook comment » APTN National News
- Brazil: Gunmen threaten to assassinate leading Amazon shaman - Survival International ow.ly/zRt6l 9 hours ago
- Brazil: Gunmen threaten to assassinate leading Amazon shaman - Survival International ow.ly/2L5vKn 11 hours ago
- "Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) received unanimous consent from his colleagues Friday..." ow.ly/2L5rmY 11 hours ago
- Of Caucasians, Christians and Desperate White Men ~ by The AngryIndian | Occupied Palestine | فلسطين ow.ly/zRhY0 11 hours ago
- "Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) received unanimous consent from his colleagues Friday..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1N6jv2i 11 hours ago