October 20 marked one year of the death of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The politician died a horrible death: Gaddafi was first tortured and then executed. Initially, it was claimed that the Colonel had been killed in a shootout. However, after the video of the terrible tortures spread around the world, the version of death in the shootout ceased to exist.By this date, Human Rights Watch HRW, an international human rights organization, released new evidence showing that Gaddafi, contrary to the official version, had not been accidentally wounded in a shootout. The newly released data shows that he was tortured by rebels. Afterwards, they killed his son Mutassimom and 66 Gadaffi supporters. All the prisoners were subjected to severe tortures before death. The human rights organization published a 50-page report, “Death of a Dictator: Bloody Vengeance in Sirte.” The report emphasizes that the Libyan authorities have not kept their promise to investigate the death of Colonel Gaddafi and punish all those responsible for the massacre. HRW accused the Libyan government of harboring war criminals.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Al Sharpton Slaps Revisionists on Mandela. We chose Wrong Side VIDEO
- David Edward Hyland: March 7, 1947—December 8, 2013 – World Socialist Web Site
- Mitt Romney’s face looks different to Republicans and Democrats
- Intelligence contractors donate millions to intelligence watchdogs in Congress | Center for Public Integrity
- US media blacks out Seymour Hersh exposé of Washington’s lies on sarin attack in Syria – World Socialist Web Site
- Photo: theatlantic: Americans Still Care About Their Public Libraries The public library in my hometown has... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw110nLf9 11 minutes ago
- "His execution is expected to lead to a wave of violence ahead of elections due to take place next..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw110mQEW 14 minutes ago
- "Under such conditions, deputies from the pseudo-left Socialist Party (SP) and the Socialist Workers..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw110lLrV 18 minutes ago
- "Migrant workers make up a third (8 million) of the population and over half the workforce in Saudi..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw110iuux 27 minutes ago
- When Victims Become Victimisers: Zionism’s Angry Xenophobic War Against Itself & the Rest of the World ow.ly/rIf9c 32 minutes ago