Any fight against the pipelines and tanker projects in BC must be rooted at stopping them at the source—the Alberta Tar Sands. On Tuesday, October 23rd we will be standing with the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation ACFN as they challenge Shell’s proposed expansion of the Jackpine Mine.They have filed a constitutional challenge, “citing lack of adequate or meaningful consultation and that the application would have adverse impact on their treaty rights” says a press release put out by the ACFN. It continues to explain that, “the application calls for the mining out of 21 km of the Muskeg river, a river of cultural and traditional significance to both the people and wildlife in the area.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Pentagon Funds Tools to Track and Kill Activists
- AdDetector will make sure you never mistake a sponsored story for a real one | The Verge
- Local police involved in 400 killings per year
- U.S.: Dearborn cleric popular with ISIS fighters owes $250K for fraud | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
- California highway patrol officer under investigation for beating mentally ill woman — Society’s Child — Sott.net
- 469 Gaza children killed, over 370,000 need ‘psychosocial aid’ – UNICEF — RT News ow.ly/2Mc8K3 8 hours ago
- "NYPD cops beat a man Wednesday night during a solidarity protest for Michael Brown, a video shows,..." ow.ly/2Mc7Mg 8 hours ago
- "NYPD cops beat a man Wednesday night during a solidarity protest for Michael Brown, a video shows,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1OuIPB9 9 hours ago
- 'This is the Story of Power in this Country': Ferguson, Institutionalized Racism and the Militarization of Police ... ow.ly/2Mb8qU 15 hours ago
- Union fights Israel ‘security risk’ claims to ban Palestinian union activists from West Bank workplaces ow.ly/2Mb8qT 15 hours ago