Any fight against the pipelines and tanker projects in BC must be rooted at stopping them at the source—the Alberta Tar Sands. On Tuesday, October 23rd we will be standing with the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation ACFN as they challenge Shell’s proposed expansion of the Jackpine Mine.They have filed a constitutional challenge, “citing lack of adequate or meaningful consultation and that the application would have adverse impact on their treaty rights” says a press release put out by the ACFN. It continues to explain that, “the application calls for the mining out of 21 km of the Muskeg river, a river of cultural and traditional significance to both the people and wildlife in the area.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Caught on Tape: The Increasingly Strange and Worrisome Case of the White House Fence Jumper
- Do We Really Want Cops With Body Cameras Filming Everything They See? | Internationalist Prison Books Collective
- Suspicions Run Deep in Iraq and Elsewhere That C.I.A. and the Islamic State Are United | CLG News
- Article: Important victory in case of Ray McGovern’s brutal arrest | OpEdNews
- In America the ‘Terrorists’ All Too Often Are the Police » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
- We Copwatch train #Ferguson residents on body cameras ow.ly/BNwKq 59 minutes ago
- Indigenous rights activist Chris Thunder arrested for allegedly breaching his bail conditions, seeks community sup... ow.ly/2NWgqk 1 hour ago
- Jonathan Kay: The one place in Canada where racism is still tolerated: native reserves | National Post ow.ly/2NWgqi 1 hour ago
- The New York Times, Shonda Rhimes & How to Get Away With Being Racist ow.ly/2NTDBt 13 hours ago
- The New York Times, Shonda Rhimes & How to Get Away With Being Racist - racebending: I would like to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RPdtfT 13 hours ago