Any fight against the pipelines and tanker projects in BC must be rooted at stopping them at the source—the Alberta Tar Sands. On Tuesday, October 23rd we will be standing with the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation ACFN as they challenge Shell’s proposed expansion of the Jackpine Mine.They have filed a constitutional challenge, “citing lack of adequate or meaningful consultation and that the application would have adverse impact on their treaty rights” says a press release put out by the ACFN. It continues to explain that, “the application calls for the mining out of 21 km of the Muskeg river, a river of cultural and traditional significance to both the people and wildlife in the area.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- How the US Turned Three Pacifists Into ‘Multiple Felony Saboteurs’ | Alternet
- Rush Limbaugh Opens 2012 With More Race-Baiting Attacks | Research | Media Matters for America
- US government targeted Fox News reporter as ‘co-conspirator’ in spying case | World news | guardian.co.uk
- Is Nestle Involved in Murder Of Columbian Union Leader? | Alternet
- Pacific Politics » Political news and analysis brought to you by the Pacific Institute of Public Policy » The long walk to freedom
- "This trade route was already very active a very long time ago, and this may [be] evidence of that early..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlSVqu4 2 hours ago
- "The tour guide warned of the dangers of going to a park in the Bronx, and also gave inaccurate..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlSI2vu 2 hours ago
- PKOLS and the Indigenous Nationhood Movement, By Renee Holt | Last Real Indians ow.ly/2x1AiV 3 hours ago
- "But the prejudice will follow you. What will save you is tacking into the love of the work, into the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlS78b1 3 hours ago
- Photo: marinemammalblog: A disabled killer whale that is missing two fins is able to survive in the wild... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlS6ylu 3 hours ago