Any fight against the pipelines and tanker projects in BC must be rooted at stopping them at the source—the Alberta Tar Sands. On Tuesday, October 23rd we will be standing with the Athabasca Chipewyan First Nation ACFN as they challenge Shell’s proposed expansion of the Jackpine Mine.They have filed a constitutional challenge, “citing lack of adequate or meaningful consultation and that the application would have adverse impact on their treaty rights” says a press release put out by the ACFN. It continues to explain that, “the application calls for the mining out of 21 km of the Muskeg river, a river of cultural and traditional significance to both the people and wildlife in the area.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Video: Going To Extremes Role of far right in Ukraine upheaval stokes neo Nazism rise fears (by RT’) tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19jIH9h 1 hour ago
- Video: Breivik trial video: ‘Norway killer’ claims self-defense, cries in court (by RT) — Anders Behring... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19jGsSm 1 hour ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19jEkEq 1 hour ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19jEeuV 1 hour ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19iw5eV 2 hours ago