On Sunday evening, Sharmeka Moffitt went to a local park in Winnsboro, Louisiana to "walk a mile and run a mile." Sometime later, she was approached by three men in "white t-shirt hoodies" who doused her with flammable liquid and set her on fire. For good measure, they scrawled "KKK" and "nigger" on her car. Sharmeka was able to get to a spigot of water, put out the flames, and then call 911 for help.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- From Cointel-Pro to Gang Injunctions to PRISM & Privatization our HKR Intv w/ Kali Akuno
- The Supreme Court Decided Your Silence Can Be Used Against You – Alexander Abad-Santos – The Atlantic Wire
- ‘A Political Ploy’? The Guardian Editors Swallow US Claims On Syrian WMD | Global Research
- Peace pact with MILF possible in 5 weeks, says gov’t negotiator | Inquirer News
- Professors criticize Obama's speech - OrlandoSentinel.com
- "LEGISREPORTS NG – Senator Claire McCaskill has thrown in her support for former US secretary of..." ow.ly/2xGZMj 6 hours ago
- Friends and relatives, please use the... - INM: Indigenous Nationhood Movement | Facebook ow.ly/2xGO1e 8 hours ago
- Court orders end to Cambridge jail overcrowding | ACLU of Massachusetts ow.ly/2xGO1d 8 hours ago
- Court orders end to Cambridge jail overcrowding | ACLU of Massachusetts ow.ly/2xGO1c 8 hours ago
- "LEGISREPORTS NG – Senator Claire McCaskill has thrown in her support for former US secretary of state,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwne74Cg 9 hours ago