As a Palestinian-American, I awaited the presidential debate on foreign policy with anticipation, given the massive U.S. military footprint in the region of my birth. I confess to being torn in my attitude to the candidates. From a Palestinian perspective, I know there is little difference: Neither would take effective steps to end Israel’s 45-year occupation, challenge its illegal building of settlements, or shake its draconian hold on Jerusalem.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- What to know about federally run schools for Native American children | Star Tribune ow.ly/2PsLAP 50 minutes ago
- Sidestepping Ukraine’s ‘N-Word’ for Nazi | Consortiumnews - Sidestepping Ukraine’s ‘N-Word’ for Nazi | Consortiumn... ow.ly/2PsLAQ 50 minutes ago
- Ramon Prison raided by Israeli Forces - 53.7% of Palestinian Detainees suffer from Cancer | nsnbc international ow.ly/2PsDh7 1 hour ago
- Mozambique's Frelimo and Nyusi lead Poll for October 28 Parliamentary and Presidential Election | nsnbc internatio... ow.ly/2PsDh9 1 hour ago
- US airdrops arms to Kurds in Syrian town of Kobani - SFGate - US airdrops arms to Kurds in Syrian town of Kobani -... ow.ly/2PsDh8 1 hour ago