As a Palestinian-American, I awaited the presidential debate on foreign policy with anticipation, given the massive U.S. military footprint in the region of my birth. I confess to being torn in my attitude to the candidates. From a Palestinian perspective, I know there is little difference: Neither would take effective steps to end Israel’s 45-year occupation, challenge its illegal building of settlements, or shake its draconian hold on Jerusalem.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Archaeologists Discover Ancient Compound Near Beit Shemesh - archaeologicalnews: Excavators carrying out an... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R6GX1g 1 hour ago
- Photo: kemetic-dreams: Mobs lynched Mary Turner on May 17, 1918 in Lowndes County, Georgia because she... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R6GMJu 1 hour ago
- OST President Investigating Accusations of Abuse at Reservation School by Joe Flood - lastrealindians:... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R6GBnW 1 hour ago
- Photo: tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R6G1Rt 1 hour ago
- The Age of the Sahara desert - archaeologicalnews: A team of scientists from Norway, France and China... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1R6FwBa 1 hour ago