As a Palestinian-American, I awaited the presidential debate on foreign policy with anticipation, given the massive U.S. military footprint in the region of my birth. I confess to being torn in my attitude to the candidates. From a Palestinian perspective, I know there is little difference: Neither would take effective steps to end Israel’s 45-year occupation, challenge its illegal building of settlements, or shake its draconian hold on Jerusalem.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- US Training of Mexican Troops Has Escalated in Step With Mexico’s Murder Rate | the narcosphere
- The Republican Quest to Privatize All Government Has Jeopardized National Security
- FBI: Government has used surveillance drones in the U.S.
- Corrupt politicians must pay for their sins – Rawlings – Vanguard News
- From Cointel-Pro to Gang Injunctions to PRISM & Privatization our HKR Intv w/ Kali Akuno
- Be Vigilant for Lynne Stewart – As She Was For All of Us | Black Agenda Report ow.ly/2xJjBc 2 hours ago
- Brazil rage spills onto the streets: LIVE UPDATES — RT News ow.ly/2xJ6Pi 4 hours ago
- Be Vigilant for Lynne Stewart – As She Was For All of Us | Black Agenda Report - There is a vigil underway... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnkSkqF 4 hours ago
- "Violent clashes have erupted in the northern city of Fortaleza in the hours leading to a Confederations..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnkSUrE 4 hours ago
- "Between 2008 and the summer of 2011 when he left his post as grand chief of the Assembly of Manitoba..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnkQVOb 4 hours ago