Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Debbie Africa denied parole for sixth time – On a Move ow.ly/2Osrb0 35 minutes ago
- Debbie Africa denied parole for sixth time – On a Move - Debbie Africa denied parole for sixth time –... ow.ly/2OspG5 42 minutes ago
- #4thWorldRadyo Show Topic: Did #RonaldRitchie make a false report to intentionally cause #JohnCrawford to have a close encounter w/ police? 48 minutes ago
- Debbie Africa denied parole for sixth time – On a Move - Debbie Africa denied parole for sixth time Debbie... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S3KjkI 1 hour ago
- "FBI records show that 85% of COINTELPRO resources targeted groups and individuals that the FBI deemed..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1S3I6S_ 1 hour ago