Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- PressTV – ISIL: We will attack Saudi Arabia during Eid al-Adha
- PressTV – US police force have become militarized: Analyst
- Disney files patent applications to use drones in its theme parks – Orlando Sentinel
- Cyber attack reveals data on at least 25,000 workers at the US Department of Homeland Security | The Verge
- BBC News – NSA and GCHQ agents ‘leak Tor bugs’, alleges developer
- Georgia restores gun rights to ex-cop who attempted to rape a woman with his gun ow.ly/2MvvYY 4 hours ago
- Georgia restores gun rights to ex-cop who attempted to rape a woman with his gun - kohenari: One thing is... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLC79j 5 hours ago
- Photo: guardian: Zara has pulled a striped shirt featuring a yellow star on the front from sale after it... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLBpse 5 hours ago
- Secret files reveal 9,000 Nazi war criminals fled to South America after WWII - According to... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLBY3L 5 hours ago
- "I’m also a killer. I’ve killed a lot, and if I need to I’ll kill a whole bunch more. If you don’t want..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PLBSr7 5 hours ago