Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Android security mystery – ‘fake’ cellphone towers found in U.S.
- Jennifer Lawrence, other celebs’ pictures leaked: FBI addressing the matter – CBS News
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- "An estimated 14’000 came out in Stockholm to protest against the Neo-Nazi group Svenskarnas Parti..." ow.ly/2MOFjP 7 hours ago
- Right Sector’s Borislav Bereza Visits San Francisco | Bay Area Antifa ow.ly/2MOwsh 8 hours ago
- "Studying the women’s situation in Syria, whether now or before the outbreak of revolution,..." ow.ly/2MOus4 8 hours ago
- "An estimated 14’000 came out in Stockholm to protest against the Neo-Nazi group Svenskarnas Parti..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PsLMoC 8 hours ago
- "Studying the women’s situation in Syria, whether now or before the outbreak of revolution, without..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PsHlkn 8 hours ago