Israel’s highest-rating news programme, Channel Two News, has published a statement correcting false claims that rockets were fired from schools operated by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees UNRWA during the Gaza war in 2008-2009. The statement makes clear that Israeli officials themselves acknowledged that such claims were false and that there was no evidence to support them.“We heard this misinformation during the war when there was shelling on and around the Agency’s schools and our main warehouse in Gaza”, said UNRWA Spokesperson Chris Gunness, “but Israeli officials made it clear to the UN during the war itself that they knew claims about militants in UNRWA installations were completely false. Constant, unchecked repetition of this misinformation has been very damaging to the Agency and has produced some very poor and biased journalism, which I will continue to confront. This is the third time in just a few months that a major news organisation has issued a public retraction because of false information about UNRWA.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- 10.03.2014: Jagd auf Linke Tageszeitung junge Welt
- Crimeas Case for Leaving #Ukraine | The Smirking Chimp
- US officials in Kiev helping probe ‘kleptocracy’ in Ukraine | AFP/The Raw Story
- China and Malaysia hint at Uighur Muslim terrorist attack on missing plane | China Daily Mail
- VIDEO Ucrania y Venezuela campañita publicitaria idéntica del imperio con el mismo propósito
- Ukraine: 'Civil War is Possible' - fuckyeahmarxismleninism: West counts on fascists, Russia pursues its own... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19kxRzg 4 hours ago
- BREAKING: Black Lesbian Couple Found Dead in Galveston County, Texas - coven-motha: jcoleknowsbest:... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19kvJFu 4 hours ago
- fuckyeahmarxismleninism: Moscow denounces gun attack on... - fuckyeahmarxismleninism: Moscow de... ow.ly/2EzPrU 4 hours ago
- 824 Missing Women in Canada All Have One Shocking Thing in Common - On Feb. 26, she was found dead... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19kvD0Q 4 hours ago
- Photo: aljazeeraamerica: A small town in West Virginia responds to anti-Muslim sentiment PRINCETON, W.Va. —... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19kv8zr 4 hours ago