A former aide to Malawi’s late president Bingu wa Mutharika is among six men who have been arrested over the murder of a student activist initially said by police to have killed himself.Noel Masangwi, a high-ranking official in the Democratic Progressive party DPP, was detained in a pre-dawn raid over the killing of Robert Chasowa, a critic of Mutharika’s government.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Nobody Knows How Many Americans The Police Kill Each Year | FiveThirtyEight
- Glide — In the Moment: Glide Verifies Ferguson Shooting Recording
- Iowa Legislator Pleads Guilty to Taking Bribes from #RonPaul’s Campaign | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community
- Palestinians support resistance in post-Gaza reality
- Reporter Annoyed To Discover He Doesn’t Own Facts; Suggests ‘Global Paywall’ For Reporters Like Himself | Techdirt
- "Forty-three United Nations peacekeepers have been captured by armed militant forces in Golan Heights,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PSkJcO 8 minutes ago
- "On Tuesday, video of an unidentified black man in St. Paul, Minn., being questioned by police officers..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PSeY6L 28 minutes ago
- "Australia and the United States, along with the other countries in the Five Eyes alliance, have long..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1PSW94k 57 minutes ago
- Irom Sharmila continues fast; rearrested days after her release ow.ly/2MADTe 2 hours ago
- Israeli plan to build religious school in Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood approved ow.ly/2MADTd 2 hours ago