A former aide to Malawi’s late president Bingu wa Mutharika is among six men who have been arrested over the murder of a student activist initially said by police to have killed himself.Noel Masangwi, a high-ranking official in the Democratic Progressive party DPP, was detained in a pre-dawn raid over the killing of Robert Chasowa, a critic of Mutharika’s government.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- De-Manufacturing Consent- The Snowden-ISIS Hoax
- US: Surveillance Harming Journalism, Law, Democracy | Human Rights Watch
- You’ve Got Mail: Judge Grants Feds Unrestricted Access To Gmail Account
- cryptogon.com » Only U.S. Votes Against Resolution to Investigate Latest Round of Israeli Atrocities
- Troubling new video shows excessive force was ordered at Denver jail | The Colorado Independent
- The Malcolm X Files | The Smoking Gun ow.ly/zGgZw 2 hours ago
- Valcourt Announces Measures to Advance Treaty Negotiations and Reconciliation | On First Nation Issues, Events, An... ow.ly/2KPylM 5 hours ago
- US: Surveillance Harming Journalism, Law, Democracy | Human Rights Watch ow.ly/2KPylL 5 hours ago
- Apparently it’s “pro life” to feature pictures... ... ow.ly/2KPwBS 5 hours ago
- Photo: Apparently it’s “pro life” to feature pictures of doctors with handguns pointed at their faces on... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Ml3abB 5 hours ago