10/11/2012- Eleven Holocaust memorial plaques in the east German city of Greifswald were uprooted by neo-Nazis on Friday, in an anti-Semitic incident that occurred on the 74th anniversary of Kristallnacht. The memorial plaques were part of a monument to mark the November 9, 1938 pogroms in which the Jews of Greifswald were arrested and murdered, and Jewish businesses and synagogues were vandalized. The 11 plaques uprooted on Friday night were part of the European Stolperstein “stumbling block” memorial project. Each plaque was engraved with the names of Jews who perished in the Holocaust, and embedded in the sidewalk in front of the houses where they once lived. The local police has announced a 2,500 Euro reward for anyone who provides information that leads to an arrest of the perpetrators. Greifswald mayor Arthur Konig said he would do everything in his power to support the investigation, saying, “People who deny to this day that Jewish citizens were slain in the Holocaust will not gain the upper hand.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- "The military hardware at the disposal of LAUSD police officers includes a 20-foot-long, 14-ton armored..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RCEiHx 8 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo is in the Studio! Speak via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' as we discuss: #AntiFa #Fascism the #Klan & #Germany's #Nazi problem 18 minutes ago
- "Quick facts on Police Militarization: • Pentagon’s Excess Property Program (1033 Program) has supplied..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RCANTS 24 minutes ago
- "Shockingly, many people linked up to him and watched him hang himself without trying to stop him. One..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1RC9sRO 25 minutes ago
- If you use Skype, consider speaking up & out on #4thWorldRadyo: ow.ly/BHNRt 'aboriginalnewsgroup' 28 minutes ago