I wonder how many consider today to be a magnificent symbolic coincidence rather than a Manichean irony: today, we commemorate the birthday of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., the 1964 Nobel Peace Prize winner and one of the greatest civil rights leaders of modern United States history—a man who went to jail to defend the civil rights of hundreds of thousands of minorities and to speak against injustice at home and abroad.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Corrupt politicians must pay for their sins – Rawlings – Vanguard News
- From Cointel-Pro to Gang Injunctions to PRISM & Privatization our HKR Intv w/ Kali Akuno
- The Supreme Court Decided Your Silence Can Be Used Against You – Alexander Abad-Santos – The Atlantic Wire
- ‘A Political Ploy’? The Guardian Editors Swallow US Claims On Syrian WMD | Global Research
- Peace pact with MILF possible in 5 weeks, says gov’t negotiator | Inquirer News
- Photoset: itsmabnigga: UPDATE ON BRAZIL PROTEST: 200,000+ YOUNG STUDENTS, NATIVE BRAZILIANS, AND ANARCHIST... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnjJ76i 46 minutes ago
- Photo: justabouteme: Brazil protests catch authorities on the back foot | World news | The Guardian no We... tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnjIylw 46 minutes ago
- "The Tea Party is a bizarre amalgam of independents, conservatives and libertarians who have..." ow.ly/2xHQkq 10 hours ago
- "The Tea Party is a bizarre amalgam of independents, conservatives and libertarians who have surgically..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnh6gRD 14 hours ago
- Photo: rk2012arts: DIRECT FROM THE RK2012ARTS CHANNEL BOOK SHELF “BLACK POW WOW” THE POETRY OF TED JOANS. tmblr.co/Zu0CAwnh0l9l 14 hours ago