Canada’s record of dealing with aboriginal people has come under more criticism, this time from a United Nations panel.Members of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, made up of human-rights experts, questioned why Canada has not made more progress in closing the gap between First Nations communities and the rest of the country, Postmedia News reported.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Pentagon Funds Tools to Track and Kill Activists
- AdDetector will make sure you never mistake a sponsored story for a real one | The Verge
- Local police involved in 400 killings per year
- U.S.: Dearborn cleric popular with ISIS fighters owes $250K for fraud | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
- California highway patrol officer under investigation for beating mentally ill woman — Society’s Child — Sott.net
- 'This is the Story of Power in this Country': Ferguson, Institutionalized Racism and the Militarization of Police ... ow.ly/2Mb8qU 5 hours ago
- Union fights Israel ‘security risk’ claims to ban Palestinian union activists from West Bank workplaces ow.ly/2Mb8qT 5 hours ago
- "Albers, 46, a 20-year police veteran who served four years in the Army, is the man caught on video..." ow.ly/2Mb6wn 5 hours ago
- "Albers, 46, a 20-year police veteran who served four years in the Army, is the man caught on video..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1OsVMCD 5 hours ago
- Cop in Ferguson Tweets Lies to Justify Tear-Gassing Protesters in Their Own Back Yard | Riverfront Times ow.ly/2MaZfG 6 hours ago