Canada’s record of dealing with aboriginal people has come under more criticism, this time from a United Nations panel.Members of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, made up of human-rights experts, questioned why Canada has not made more progress in closing the gap between First Nations communities and the rest of the country, Postmedia News reported.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Former Colombia officials extradited to the US for aiding drug traffickers | Colombia Reports
- Engineer at Elite Army Weapons Lab Tied to Racist Groups | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center
- Filipino Workers to Get More Rights in Saudi Arabia | @pritheworld
- Police raids cause generational damage: waateanews.com
- Police commissioner defends raid decisions
- The Resident: NYC sued over NYPD’s Operation Lucky Bag (by... ow.ly/2x7eRH 16 hours ago
- Video: The Resident: NYC sued over NYPD’s Operation Lucky Bag (by RTAmerica) tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlgrrVi 17 hours ago
- Virginia lt. gov. nominee: Not sorry for hate speech ‘because I’m a Christian’ - Democratic Underground ow.ly/2x73rY 18 hours ago
- "The two suspects in the butchering to death of a British soldier had been known to the domestic..." ow.ly/2x73s0 18 hours ago
- USA - Amnesty International Responds to President Obama's Speech | Amnesty International Canada ow.ly/2x70nm 19 hours ago