Canada’s record of dealing with aboriginal people has come under more criticism, this time from a United Nations panel.Members of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, made up of human-rights experts, questioned why Canada has not made more progress in closing the gap between First Nations communities and the rest of the country, Postmedia News reported.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- #GazaUnderAttack | July 30, 2014 | Israel’s Genocide: 1324 Palestinians Killed – In Photos
- Lavon Affair
- Justice Department orders secrecy for files of anti-Iran advocacy group – Boing Boing
- Germany Will Ban Tech Companies That Play Ball With NSA – No federal contracts will go to companies that turn over data to the NSA or other agencies. There may, however, be one crucial exemption ~ News Forage
- Federal review stalled after finding forensic errors by FBI lab unit spanned two decades – The Washington Post
- Israel's UN Ambassador Calls for 'Immediate' Suspension of UNRWA Spokesman Chris Guness | Jewish & Israel News Alg... ow.ly/2KYP3R 2 hours ago
- "If you don’t get murdered by an Israeli missile, you will live your entire life with monstrous..." ow.ly/2KYNOL 2 hours ago
- "If you don’t get murdered by an Israeli missile, you will live your entire life with monstrous..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1MzYLde 3 hours ago
- First Nation slams coverup of mercury poisoning report -The Common Sense CanadianThe Common Sense Canadian ow.ly/2KYJak 3 hours ago
- In a four-page joint letter, addressed to Premier Denis... - In a four-page joint letter, addressed to Premier D... ow.ly/2KYGY1 3 hours ago