Ortiz’s spokeswoman, Christina DiIorio-Sterling, said last night the Swartz case won’t affect the office’s handling of other cases. “Absolutely not,” she said. “We thought the case was reasonably handled and we would not have done things differently.“We’re going to continue doing the work of the office and of following our mission.”Swartz’s grieving girlfriend, Taren Stinebrickner-Kauffman, told the Herald, “I am saddened that Ms. Ortiz isn’t taking this moment to reflect on the role of proportionality and judgment in the pursuit of justice. Ms. Ortiz’s office pursued a legal strategy of intimidation where they threatened Aaron with decades of time in prison for an alleged crime with no victims. That’s not justice. That’s bullying.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- September 1-30, 2014: VIRTUAL ACTION EVENT 4 LEONARD PELTIER’S 70th BIRTHDAY
- This Installation’s Approach Towards Public Surveillance Data? Shred Everything | The Creators Project
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/2MKEZx 4 hours ago
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." ow.ly/2MKuNK 5 hours ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/AXjxm #BlackTwitter 6 hours ago
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Pmo2iG 6 hours ago
- Israel extends detention of Palestinian for Facebook posts | Maan News Agency ow.ly/2MKnzk 6 hours ago