For the past forty eight hours, I have been monitoring social media with growing concern and disgust. There are various aspects to this concern and I will in this post not go into the historical/political/ideological debates about the wrong and rights of Zionism and Israel but focus on the issues that have been raised in the past couple of days. Gilad Atzmon has been on a book tour for his book, The Wandering Who, in America.Now I think a full disclosure is merited. I have some personal investment here as I was labelled as “anti-Semite, Holocaust denier and Nazi sympathizer” a few months ago, simply for reading the author I am about discuss here. As a brown woman, without an EU citizenship, and living in Europe, I find threats by the Zionist lobby to denounce me as anti-Semite the holy cow of the western world more than a little disturbing; these have potentially serious social, political and professional consequences, especially as I have little recourse or opportunity for self-defense.. My crime, or perhaps the better Biblical word is sin, some months ago, was in case you are wondering simply to keep an open mind while reading Gilad Atzmon’s book and reviewing it. Also, an aggravating factor may have been that I supported the principles of freedom of speech to be applied regarding the author and the book In simpler words: disagree with it if you wish, but damn well read it first!
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Android security mystery – ‘fake’ cellphone towers found in U.S.
- Jennifer Lawrence, other celebs’ pictures leaked: FBI addressing the matter – CBS News
- More police departments considering the use of drones – baltimoresun.com
- How the US’s terrorism watchlists work – and how you could end up on one | World news | theguardian.com
- BBC News – Ex-US Navy officer who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- "Speaking to a group of 40 potential Ukip council and parliamentary candidates he said: “Look back to..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Pp2ICW 1 hour ago
- "It was “abhorrent” British citizens had “declared their allegiance” to groups like Islamic State, he..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1Po-cBS 1 hour ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/2MKEZx 7 hours ago
- "When I think about Women’s Equality Day, I reflect on the power and significance of Black women..." ow.ly/2MKuNK 8 hours ago
- Stop Law Enforcement Violence Toolkit | incite-national.org ow.ly/AXjxm #BlackTwitter 8 hours ago