For the past forty eight hours, I have been monitoring social media with growing concern and disgust. There are various aspects to this concern and I will in this post not go into the historical/political/ideological debates about the wrong and rights of Zionism and Israel but focus on the issues that have been raised in the past couple of days. Gilad Atzmon has been on a book tour for his book, The Wandering Who, in America.Now I think a full disclosure is merited. I have some personal investment here as I was labelled as “anti-Semite, Holocaust denier and Nazi sympathizer” a few months ago, simply for reading the author I am about discuss here. As a brown woman, without an EU citizenship, and living in Europe, I find threats by the Zionist lobby to denounce me as anti-Semite the holy cow of the western world more than a little disturbing; these have potentially serious social, political and professional consequences, especially as I have little recourse or opportunity for self-defense.. My crime, or perhaps the better Biblical word is sin, some months ago, was in case you are wondering simply to keep an open mind while reading Gilad Atzmon’s book and reviewing it. Also, an aggravating factor may have been that I supported the principles of freedom of speech to be applied regarding the author and the book In simpler words: disagree with it if you wish, but damn well read it first!
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- US Congress H Rights Commission Hearing on Indonesia / West Papua streaming online.
- NYT: U.S. Formally Admits Killing 4 Americans In Drone Strikes | TPM LiveWire
- Prison Labor: Exposed
- Body of tortured Afghan unearthed near former US Special Forces base – report — RT News
- Joyner: Timothy McVeigh Was ‘Left-Wing’; Media Number One Terrorist Organization In The World | Right Wing Watch
- Conservative Groups Granted Exemption Vastly Outspent Liberal Ones - OpenSecrets Blog ow.ly/2x5gZo 29 minutes ago
- NT Indigenous leaders challenge Chief Minister's adoption claims ow.ly/2x5gZn 29 minutes ago
- "There could be no clearer demonstration of the nature of terrorist attacks. Horrendous as it was, the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlcGMnL 1 hour ago
- "Judy DaSilva received the Michael Sattler Peace Prize from the German Mennonite Peace Committe this..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAwlcFJ31 1 hour ago
- "It is much more sinister because it is much more effective. It is much more effective, because it..." ow.ly/2x51TI 4 hours ago