Erdogan, whose country shares a long border with Syria, was once an ally of Syrian President Assad but is now one of his fiercest critics. Obama said on Friday that he is considering a “narrow” and “limited” attack on Syria. Obama said ground forces would not take part in the attack. Obama stressed that the main goal of an operation would be to uphold the international norm that using chemical weapons is a red line. He said the conflict in Syria should be ultimately resolved diplomatically. French President Francois Hollande has endorsed punitive strikes, and told the newspaper Le Monde that the “chemical massacre of Damascus cannot and must not remain unpunished.” But British Prime Minister David Cameron’s attempt to win a vote of approval in Parliament for military action ended in defeat on Thursday.American attempts to secure backing at the United Nations have been blocked by Russia, an ally of Syria.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan newswire of the Aboriginal News Group.
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation and genocide.
- Lebanon: Resistance Air Defense Commander Assassinated | Al Akhbar English
- CIA’s disastrous “Bourne” strategy – Salon.com
- Jihadists execute Iraqi cameraman in Syria: press watchdog – Yahoo News
- ALEC calls for penalties on ‘freerider’ homeowners in assault on clean energy | World news | theguardian.com
- The NSA’s weird alphabet soup of code names
- "A tone deaf tweet from the Republican National Committee suggesting that racism had ended left many..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10LzShY 3 hours ago
- "The boys are members of a basketball team at Edison Tech High School. They were arrested Wednesday,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10Lxs_L 3 hours ago
- "The New York police department’s controversial stop-and-frisk program is being driven by a..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10Lp3W2 4 hours ago
- "Native resiliency and sovereignty are pushing back and embracing Two Spirit people. The stories shared..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw10LWTtS 5 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'Thanks-Taking & the Progressive Stupidity of the Political Left' / ow.ly/rtZS6 #Redskin #Propaganda 5 hours ago