Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Print Friendly: Kerry’s threats vs Russia unacceptable, West sides with neo-Nazis –Russian FM
- Организация Объединённых Наций: Помогите искоренить профашистских террористов захвативших власть в Украине.
- Slough antifascist demo, 01.02.2014 (Photos)
- Ukraine Snipers Hired by Neo-Nazi Coup!
- Russia hits back at US ‘barefaced cynicism and double standards’ over Ukraine — RT News
- dynamicafrica: In Photos: “A Gorean Summer” by Fabrice... - dynamicafrica: In ... ow.ly/2EvYKW 48 minutes ago
- Photoset: dynamicafrica: In Photos: “A Gorean Summer” by Fabrice Monteiro. The usual photographs I’ve... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19UdNcG 2 hours ago
- Photo: diasporadash: latinegro: melanatedcontributions: Gaspar Yanga When students learn about slavery in... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19Ucgm4 2 hours ago
- Photo: aljazeeraamerica: Crimea crisis: Will the Yalta rules apply? The key players in the Ukraine standoff... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19UcUlw 2 hours ago
- Photo: lakotapeopleslawproject: #Rez@Roundup #4 with Chase Iron Eyes of Lastrealindians: Will hundreds of... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw19UcKPc 2 hours ago