Responding to a Freedom of Information Act FOIA request from the ACLU, US attorney Preet Bharara from the southern district of New York told the ACLU on Friday that authorities would keep “certain other” records from the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance FISA court classified.The ACLU was seeking to gain more insight into the government surveillance programs first revealed by whistleblower Edward Snowden, only to be told that some documents would be “withheld in full” under the Patriot Act.The government\’s letter to the ACLU has inspired many to speculate that the federal government has used and/or is continuing to employ surveillance programs that have not been revealed as part of Snowden’s leaks. US President Obama has admitted that the NSA programs – which 53 percent of Americans are against, according to a recent Gallup poll – have “never been subject to vigorous public debate.”One of the most contentious programs used by the NSA is the bulk collection of telephone metadata belonging to millions of Americans. The FISA court also referred to as FISC first authorized that program in 2006, and documents regarding its reauthorization were among those previously disclosed by the Justice Department.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
We seek to support, educate and unify Indigenous Peoples, Bloggers & Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberalism and genocide.
- Australia’s Attorney-General: Data Retention Is ‘Very Much The Way In Which Western Nations Are Going’ | Techdirt
- UN: South Sudan arms embargo crucial after massive Chinese weapons transfer | Amnesty International USA
- Hillary Clinton’s Bizarre Critique of U.S. Foreign Policy – Peter Beinart – The Atlantic
- SARE ANTIFAXISTA: La Guardia Civil asegura que la organización nazi-fascista vendía armas
- IDF Begins Ground Surge Into Occupied Palestine | APNS Novaĵagentejo
- "As the Israelis once more inflict collective punishment in Gaza (a tactic which happens to..." ow.ly/2KjTqu 5 days ago
- IDF Begins Ground Surge Into Occupied Palestine ow.ly/2KjOle 5 days ago
- The Dine’ for Sanctions Against Israel held a... - The Dine’ for Sanctions Against Israel held a d... ow.ly/2KjLDg 5 days ago
- "As the Israelis once more inflict collective punishment in Gaza (a tactic which happens to constitute..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1LmOGdM 5 days ago
- "17\7\2014 - 230 Martyrs and 1960 wounded in the continues war on Gaza, more than 40% of them are..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1LmNirW 5 days ago