By Dennis J. BernsteinThe late Cesar Chavez, who founded the United Farm Workers 50 years ago, was an extraordinary human being. His commitment to gain recognition for farm workers of California and across the United States was unstoppable. He worked tirelessly to get them key worker protections.With his various acts of civil disobedience, and long fasts, risking death, Chavez has often been compared to legendary figures such as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pope Francis speaks out against ivory poaching in Kenya – Al Jazeera English
- NT Paperless Arrest Laws Part 1: Where They Came From, Who They Target – New Matilda
- Walmart Is Working with the FBI and Lockheed Martin to Spy on Striking Workers
- Port Fail: Vulnerability reveals real IP | Perfect Privacy
- Party like it’s 1998: UK government bans ripping CDs — again / Boing Boing
- Pope Francis speaks out against ivory poaching in Kenya - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/38o9u4 46 minutes ago
- Israel to displace thousands of Palestinian Bedouins - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/38o976 47 minutes ago
- Saudi Arabia sues man who tw**ted that poet’s death sentence was “Isis-like” � Why Evolution Is True ow.ly/38o977 47 minutes ago
- Three Men Who Shot Black Lives Matter Protesters Emerged From Internet’s Racist Swamps | Southern Poverty Law C... ow.ly/38o5Df 1 hour ago
- How many inmates have died in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jails? Who knows, but it's a big number. ow.ly/38o5Dg 1 hour ago