By Dennis J. BernsteinThe late Cesar Chavez, who founded the United Farm Workers 50 years ago, was an extraordinary human being. His commitment to gain recognition for farm workers of California and across the United States was unstoppable. He worked tirelessly to get them key worker protections.With his various acts of civil disobedience, and long fasts, risking death, Chavez has often been compared to legendary figures such as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Courthouse News Service – Startling Drone Pilot Revelation in DOJ Audit By ADAM KLASFELD
- How the Leaked TPP ISDS Chapter Threatens Intellectual Property Limitations and Exceptions » infojustice
- Cancer the Secret Weapon?
- Lost in the ’50s with Harper’s anti-terror pablum | rabble.ca
- Secret Service Destroys Tapes of Drunken Crash — NYMag
- 4thWorldRadyo: The Stepford Paradigm & #GBLTQ / #Gay Assimilation : A Frank Discussion w/ Director Bruce LaBruce is.gd/GIMPb3 39 minutes ago
- Southern US strawberry festival sparks a race row - "Then a couple of hours later someone posted, ‘Am I the... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1gpjjnl 55 minutes ago
- Furman and O’Connell on HIV/AIDS, Moral Responsibility, and South African Literature | Finding Africa ow.ly/2Ww4Oc 1 hour ago
- U.S. Confirms It Is Supporting Saudi Military Operations In Yemen : The Two-Way : NPR ow.ly/2Ww4Od 1 hour ago
- The Disturbing History Of The Michigan 'Robocop' Just Caught In Police Brutality Video | ThinkProgress ow.ly/2Ww4Oe 1 hour ago