By Dennis J. BernsteinThe late Cesar Chavez, who founded the United Farm Workers 50 years ago, was an extraordinary human being. His commitment to gain recognition for farm workers of California and across the United States was unstoppable. He worked tirelessly to get them key worker protections.With his various acts of civil disobedience, and long fasts, risking death, Chavez has often been compared to legendary figures such as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- SBS sports reporter Scott McIntyre sacked over ‘disrespectful’ Anzac tweets | Media | The Guardian
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- XENOPHOBIA: FG recalls Nigerian envoys to South Africa – TODAY ow.ly/2XScij 14 hours ago
- SBS sports reporter Scott McIntyre sacked over 'disrespectful' Anzac tweets | Media | The Guardian ow.ly/2XScii 14 hours ago
- "So what happened is a historical fact, and it shouldn’t be difficult to get presidents and prime..." ow.ly/2XRrW0 1 day ago
- Obesity-worldwide-infographic.jpg (960×2250) ow.ly/M75bn 1 day ago
- SEMANTIC GENOCIDE: Three #Native Sons Discuss 'Operation #Geronimo' ow.ly/M73CV #ebooks #NDN @vgbnd @IAmNotAMascot 1 day ago