Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Dissent on Israel Not Permitted at Bernie Sanders Event
- Editorial: Rudy Giuliani, a sellout on gun control stance – NY Daily News
- Video shows NYPD cop pepper spray man after allegedly taking his cash | Fusion
- This Tattooed, Head-shaven, Straight-talking Mayor Wants to Be the Next Senator From Pennsylvania
- Anti-Muslim Protests Scheduled Nationwide: ‘Global Rally For Humanity’ Calls On Demonstrations In Front Of Mosques Across US Cities
- 4thWorldRadyo invites @TherealGeorgeZ 2 exp why #ChrisHarperMercer is #MixedRace & he isnt ow.ly/T6ehP http://t.co/YoMrM0l7QR 12 minutes ago
- "Explaining the blackout on their site, they wrote: “Our culture rewards folks for RTs and posting..." ow.ly/3589rG 4 hours ago
- [Modern Times] | 4th World Issues, International Politics & Conscious Afro-Indigenismo ow.ly/T5zZi 4 hours ago
- "Explaining the blackout on their site, they wrote: “Our culture rewards folks for RTs and posting the..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1vgEgcq 5 hours ago
- Disturbing Viral Video Seemingly Shows LA Officer Being Stalked Rattles Law Enforcement ow.ly/3580ju 5 hours ago