Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Socialism According to Eugene V. Debs by Elizabeth Schulte
- Why the cynical focus on ‘Honour crimes’ won’t combat gender violence in the UK | Media Diversified
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- "The “leaflet bombs” scattered dozens of flyers in the area, a communique, issued by a “National..." ow.ly/326AyI 30 minutes ago
- Documental revela que hubo 600 intentos para asesinar a Fidel Castro - Plumas libres ow.ly/326AkC 30 minutes ago
- Drones of terror? Homeland Security warns UAVs could be used ‘for attacks’ — RT USA ow.ly/326AkD 30 minutes ago
- Cellmate Charged In ‘Jail Death’ Of #RexdaleHenry | RED POWER MEDIA ow.ly/326y2D 1 hour ago
- Why Jewish Terror Is Different This Time - Opinion – Forward.com ow.ly/326y2B 1 hour ago