Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- McDonald’s faces worker pressure as shareholders meet – By Kim Gittleson BBC News, Chicago May 21st 2015
- White Cop Does Not Kill Black Motorist, Becomes National Hero
- ‘No Reason a Democrat Has to Be a Weakling’ – By MARK I. PINSKY May 20, 2015
- Nebraska lawmakers vote to abolish death penalty
- Permanent Michael Brown monument in Ferguson, USA
- Video: “Newly released video has revealed the dying moments of an African-American active-duty soldier who... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lPTSsY 1 hour ago
- Germany’s Asylum Seekers – You Can’t Evict a Movement | Inter Press Service ow.ly/2YWpcW 12 hours ago
- Israeli court approves Bedouin land confiscation | World War 4 Report ow.ly/2YVZfY 18 hours ago
- pewresearch: Is Chicago really the “murder capital” of... - pewresearch: Is Chicago really the “murder capital” of... ow.ly/2YVPhI 18 hours ago
- Photoset: pewresearch: Is Chicago really the “murder capital” of America? How has immigration to the U.S.... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lMIyBB 19 hours ago