Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Mbeki to African leaders: Invest in ICT infrastructure to solve local challenges – Vanguard News
- Private police carry guns and make arrests, and their ranks are swelling – The Washington Post
- Man indicted for fatal beating of transgendered woman – NY Daily News
- David Petraeus To Plead Guilty To Leaking Classified Information – BuzzFeed News
- Hispanics more likely than whites to say global warming is caused by humans | Pew Research Center
- Indisputable proof that prosecutors and politicians are penalized when they hold police accountable ow.ly/2Vu7AZ 13 hours ago
- "These militant groups fully exploit the tools and techniques on offer to them: Be it Boko Haram..." ow.ly/2Vtvts 17 hours ago
- In 30 mins: 4thWorldRadyo Call-In via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' / Tell the #4thWorld what U think abt #FergusonReport #DarrenWilson #MMIW 18 hours ago
- "These militant groups fully exploit the tools and techniques on offer to them: Be it Boko Haram..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1e_Rfb3 18 hours ago
- DOJ: Ferguson PD engaged in racially biased policing - DOJ: Ferguson PD engaged in racially biased policing: Afric... ow.ly/2VtaOd 19 hours ago