Five former New Orleans police officers who shot six unarmed civilians, two fatally, on a bridge in the wake of Hurricane Katrina have been jailed.The prison terms range from six to 65 years for the shootings on the Danziger Bridge in September 2005.Four of the officers were found guilty of firearms offences and the fifth was jailed for helping the cover-up.The officers planted a gun and fabricated witnesses and false reports to make the shootings appear justified.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- PressTV – Turkey closing down military academies
- Funding fear of Muslims: $206m went to promoting ‘hatred’, report finds | World news | The Guardian
- Senate passes cybercrime bill after numerous tweaks – The Express Tribune
- Turkish media accuse US general, CIA, of plotting coup | intelNews.org
- CIA chief not optimistic Syria will remain one country – News from Al Jazeera
- Cousin of Cop Killed in Baton Rouge, La., Wrongly Arrested in the Ambush, Allegedly Denied Diabetes Medication ow.ly/Utjz502Y7xL 1 hour ago
- The GOP is leading an effort to block the military from planning for climate change ow.ly/oXB5502Y5F6 2 hours ago
- PressTV-Abuse at Australia youth jail ‘shocking’ - PressTV-Abuse at Australia youth jail ‘shocking’ ow.ly/lxBT502XUEw 6 hours ago
- Armenia hostage standoff: Clashes erupt in Yerevan - News from Al Jazeera ow.ly/Jk3o502XKMa 8 hours ago
- Krugman: "Donald Trump, the Siberian Candidate" - Democratic Underground ow.ly/L6c8502XKEf 8 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.