In a surprise move, Bolivian President Evo Morales announced April 10 he is rescinding the contract of the Brazilian firm OAS to build a controversial highway through the Amazon rainforest. Morales had already suspended the most contentious section, which was to pass through the Isiboro Sécure National Park Indigenous Territory TIPNIS—which was the subject of rival indigenous marches on La Paz for and against its construction. Now he is said he will annul the contract to build the remaining sections of the road that would link Villa Tunari in Cochabamba department with San Ignacio de Moxos in the rainforest department of Beni. Morales told a press conference in La Paz that the company had violated terms of the contract, charging, “OAS suspended construction in these sections without justification or authorization.” Morales did not say if the road project would ultimately resume, or if OAS would be compensated. MercoPress, April 11
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- الرئيس التونسي يكشف عن لقاء قريب مع حفتر | بوابة الوسط
- On the US raid in Yakla and Implications from Uncertainty: How Trump’s Chaos Aggravates the War in Yemen – Diwan
- KUNA : UAE, Russia sign agreement on defense industries – agency – Military – 21/02/2017
- Monsanto Can’t Shake Poisonous History of PCB Contamination
- That’s exactly what happened at the L A Clippers... - That’s exactly what happened at the L A Clippers barbersh... ow.ly/7f4l509IJsl 1 hour ago
- On the US raid in Yakla and Implications from Uncertainty: How... ow.ly/EjSd509In1Y 6 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo (audio) ‘Alternative Facts, American Fascism & Absolute Aryan Falsehoods’ is.gd/A4kRpl https://t.co/xJi7lfkb06 7 hours ago
- Israel destroys UN-sponsored water pipeline in Jordan Valley – Middle East Monitor ow.ly/dwCs509IjIM 7 hours ago
- Bodies of 74 migrants wash up on Libya beach - modernghana.com ow.ly/xM9W509IjIN 7 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.