In partnership with the Investigative Fund of the Nation Institute, Need to Know investigates whether U.S. border agents have been using excessive force in an effort to curb illegal immigration. Eight people have been killed along the border in the past two years. One man died a short time after being beaten and tased, an event recorded by two eyewitnesses whose video is the centerpiece of the report. Both eyewitnesses say the man offered little or no resistance. One told Need to Know that she felt like she watched someone being “murdered,” and the San Diego coroner’s office classified the death as a “homicide.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Denver Police Tell Lies About Fatal Shooting Of Native American Paul Castaway
- 5 Craziest Cults Still Operating Today | The Strange List
- Officers at Sam DuBose scene involved in death of another unarmed black man | US news | The Guardian ow.ly/322awm 1 hour ago
- We know the victims, but not the killers: More transparency needed when Ontario police kill | Metro ow.ly/31ZW7f 21 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/Qg7AA 22 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent Aboriginals ow.ly/Qg74d 22 hours ago
- Norman G. Finkelstein: Has Amnesty International Lost Its Way? (Part 4) ow.ly/31Zn80 1 day ago