Hardline, right-wing Hindus have rioted over a ‘Beef festival’ put together by Dalit students at Osmania University in Hyderabad, India.h/t: JDShall we now blame all of Hinduism for their violent response, and remark that Hinduism is innately, uniquely incapable of dealing with ‘offense’ to their religion? Of course not, it is not Hinduism, but the interpretation of a specific group of Hindus with a specific approach to their religious texts that has caused this:
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- THE GREAT EUROPEAN EXPERIMENT FALLS APART
- NASCAR tells fans not to bring Confederate flags to races
- British artists against TTIP trade deal
- United States arms profits first, Bahraini human rights a poor second
- National/Guerrero: Nine months after the Ayotzinapa atrocity, relatives express that they will not be silenced
- Nazi flags erected near bonfire site in Carrickfergus - BBC News ow.ly/315hn7 4 hours ago
- "According to documents obtained by the Associated Press and released on Monday, Bill Cosby stated..." ow.ly/315hhZ 4 hours ago
- "According to documents obtained by the Associated Press and released on Monday, Bill Cosby stated..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1p1AgCH 5 hours ago
- "At the same time, many of you are scandalized by the ruling (we know because you keep tweeting about..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1p0ymYT 6 hours ago
- "The co-chair of the Marion County GOP, T. Waldmann-Williams, did not object to the flags when she..." ow.ly/314TjR 7 hours ago