One good man or one good woman can change the world, can push back the evil, and their work can be a beacon for millions, for billions. Are you that man or woman? If so, may the Great Spirit bless you. If not, why not? We must each of us be that person.That will transform the world overnight. That would be a miracle, yes, but a miracle within our power, our healing power. ~ Leonard PeltierThe Leonard Peltier Walk for Human Rights departed from Alcatraz Island on December 18, 2011, and will arrive in Washington, DC, on or around May 18, 2012. A Sunday morning ceremony on The Rock Alcatraz Island initiated a spiritual walk across North America entitled “The Leonard Peltier Walk for Human Rights”.The sacred Walk is an effort to raise attention regarding political prisoner Leonard Peltier, imprisoned for over 35 years, to seek his freedom, and to encourage President Obama to assert his authority by providing an Executive Clemency. People can also call the White House comment line at 202-456-1111 and express freedom now for Leonard!
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Denver Police Tell Lies About Fatal Shooting Of Native American Paul Castaway
- 5 Craziest Cults Still Operating Today | The Strange List
- We know the victims, but not the killers: More transparency needed when Ontario police kill | Metro ow.ly/31ZW7f 12 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/Qg7AA 13 hours ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent Aboriginals ow.ly/Qg74d 13 hours ago
- Norman G. Finkelstein: Has Amnesty International Lost Its Way? (Part 4) ow.ly/31Zn80 18 hours ago
- How the Flag Came Down | The Aspen Journal of Ideas - How the Flag Came Down | The Aspen Journal of Ideas: During ... ow.ly/31Zghm 19 hours ago