One good man or one good woman can change the world, can push back the evil, and their work can be a beacon for millions, for billions. Are you that man or woman? If so, may the Great Spirit bless you. If not, why not? We must each of us be that person.That will transform the world overnight. That would be a miracle, yes, but a miracle within our power, our healing power. ~ Leonard PeltierThe Leonard Peltier Walk for Human Rights departed from Alcatraz Island on December 18, 2011, and will arrive in Washington, DC, on or around May 18, 2012. A Sunday morning ceremony on The Rock Alcatraz Island initiated a spiritual walk across North America entitled “The Leonard Peltier Walk for Human Rights”.The sacred Walk is an effort to raise attention regarding political prisoner Leonard Peltier, imprisoned for over 35 years, to seek his freedom, and to encourage President Obama to assert his authority by providing an Executive Clemency. People can also call the White House comment line at 202-456-1111 and express freedom now for Leonard!
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- SBS sports reporter Scott McIntyre sacked over ‘disrespectful’ Anzac tweets | Media | The Guardian
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- N.W.T. Surface Rights Board set up to resolve land access disputes - North - CBC News ow.ly/2XVUBD 1 hour ago
- N.W.T. Surface Rights Board set up to resolve land access disputes – CBC ow.ly/2XVEYn 2 hours ago
- John Pilger: The Secret Country Again Wages War on Its Own People ow.ly/2XVtV5 3 hours ago
- Death Dealer: James Arthur Ray's 'self-help' killed three people. Now he's back. | The Verge ow.ly/2XTP0T 17 hours ago
- XENOPHOBIA: FG recalls Nigerian envoys to South Africa – TODAY ow.ly/2XScij 1 day ago