Ramallah, 15 May 2012 – After nearly a full month of fasting, around 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners ended last night their mass hunger strike upon reaching an agreement with the Israeli Prison Service IPS to attain certain core demands. Addameer lauds these achievements of the prisoners’ movement and can only hope that Israel will implement any policy changes in good faith. Addameer especially commends those individuals who engaged in open hunger strike for over two months, displaying remarkable steadfastness in the struggle for their most basic rights.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Athens on edge after explosion severely damages buildings | World news | The Guardian
- What Did Tajikistan’s ISIS Colonel Learn From His American Training? | EurasiaNet.org
- China ‘cloning factory’ to produce cattle, racehorses and pets – Telegraph
- At least 18 complaints filed against CPD Officer Jason Van Dyke, now charged with murder | abc7chicago.com
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of Backing ISIS After It Downs Russian Warplane In Syria
- Nestlé admits slavery and coercion used in catching its seafood - Business - CBC News ow.ly/38jC6y 1 hour ago
- Athens on edge after explosion severely damages buildings | World news | The Guardian ow.ly/38jwpg 2 hours ago
- Serial killers, indigenous women and the RCMP’s missing data - The Globe and Mail ow.ly/38jwb0 2 hours ago
- 2015 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News - 2015 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News November 4, 2015 Myanmar (Bur... ow.ly/38jwaZ 2 hours ago
- ‘Serious consideration’ to be given to holding inquiry into Sheku Bayoh death | UK news | The Guardian ow.ly/38jwaY 2 hours ago