Ramallah, 15 May 2012 – After nearly a full month of fasting, around 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners ended last night their mass hunger strike upon reaching an agreement with the Israeli Prison Service IPS to attain certain core demands. Addameer lauds these achievements of the prisoners’ movement and can only hope that Israel will implement any policy changes in good faith. Addameer especially commends those individuals who engaged in open hunger strike for over two months, displaying remarkable steadfastness in the struggle for their most basic rights.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Islamic State ‘used mustard gas’ against peshmerga – BBC News
- Dissent on Israel Not Permitted at Bernie Sanders Event
- Editorial: Rudy Giuliani, a sellout on gun control stance – NY Daily News
- Video shows NYPD cop pepper spray man after allegedly taking his cash | Fusion
- This Tattooed, Head-shaven, Straight-talking Mayor Wants to Be the Next Senator From Pennsylvania
- Turkmenistan Reshuffles Security Chiefs As Afghan Unrest Deepens | EurasiaNet.org ow.ly/35ctOe 13 hours ago
- Wikileaks Exposes Secret Deal To Get Saudi Arabia On UN Human Rights Council ow.ly/35citT 15 hours ago
- Tatar militants pledge to Syria's Nusra Front? | World War 4 Report ow.ly/35citS 15 hours ago
- Israeli undercover agents filmed infiltrating Palestinian protests, pulling guns on demonstrators - International ... ow.ly/35citU 15 hours ago
- A shout out to Olympia, WA: You're... - Friends of Peltier | Facebook ow.ly/35chIS 15 hours ago