Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Copz are still shooting to kill at Amerika’z largest police-training exercise | Moorbey’z Blog
- Trump: The Russian Connection Part 1- Carter Page
- Is Human Rights Watch Too Closely Aligned With US Foreign Policy? | The Nation
- Confirmed: Gary Johnson an Imbecile — Political Film Blog
- Michelle Obama’s passport ‘leaked online by hackers’ – but is it a fake? – Mirror Online
- Finländare samlade sina krafter mot rasism | Inrikes svenska.yle.fi ow.ly/5TN0504OshH 19 hours ago
- Azeem Ibrahim: The Hypocrisy of Aung San Suu Kyi - Azeem Ibrahim: The Hypocrisy of Aung San Suu Kyi ow.ly/aXKn504Osik 19 hours ago
- The Hypocrisy of Aung San Suu Kyi | Huffington Post ow.ly/vri4304wW9w 19 hours ago
- revolutionaryeye: See:-... - revolutionaryeye: See:- bbc.com/news/world-eur… ow.ly/aPVG504OpW8 20 hours ago
- Someone clue-in this RWNJ fool that I am not a #Liberal. Most liberals think White Power idiots have a point. twitter.com/DeplorableBrie… 20 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.