Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- THE GREAT EUROPEAN EXPERIMENT FALLS APART
- NASCAR tells fans not to bring Confederate flags to races
- British artists against TTIP trade deal
- United States arms profits first, Bahraini human rights a poor second
- National/Guerrero: Nine months after the Ayotzinapa atrocity, relatives express that they will not be silenced
- Criticising me is creating disunity and you go to Hell! | Sarawak Report ow.ly/30Wse0 51 minutes ago
- London 'anti-Jewification' demo dwarfed by anti-fascist counter-protest | World news | The Guardian ow.ly/30WsdZ 51 minutes ago
- Video: Video shows a New York City cop fighting a suspect before he is eventually arrested. CNN’s Brooke... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1omFEL6 54 minutes ago
- Video: Baltimore authorities are investigating after photos emerge showing the inside of a police van with... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1omDtCJ 1 hour ago
- "Studs opens the conversation with Baldwin by playing a Bessie Smith recording; how that bit of blues..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1om8lI3 1 hour ago