Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Brazil Charges 21 People With Homicide in BHP Mining Dam Collapse — Papua New Guinea Mine Watch
- Trump Connections to the Far-Right at Home and Abroad and Refusal to Read/Accept US Intelligence Reports on Russian Hacks Alarms Former Officials
- Breaking: interpretermag.com Report on Russia
- nydailynews.com / EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump made millions from Saudi government
- cbc.ca: Caseworkers not required to read full client files, fatality inquiry told
- Killer Robots Are Coming And These People Are Trying To Stop Them ow.ly/3YMM505GPM8 4 hours ago
- Trump Connections to the Far-Right at Home and Abroad and Refusal to Read/Accept US Intelligence Reports on Rus... ow.ly/QlLZ505GEjJ 5 hours ago
- #AfricanHistory: The Fate of #Africans During the Nazi #Germany Era | The Modern [AfroIndio] Times… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 5 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo seeks #Indigenous activists to comment on #NoDAPL & #IndigenousRights / DM @TheAngryindian (Skype/Jabber/SIP/GoogleTalk) 6 hours ago
- Published on Aug 20, 2014 Multiple arrests have been made in... ow.ly/swwd505GqUM 8 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.