Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pennsylvania Seeks Mumia Abu-Jamal’s Execution via Medical Neglect
- Gawker: Report: Man Ejected From Somali Plane in Midair Was Suicide Bomber
- The Pentagon Just Released 200 Long-Awaited Photos Related to Detainee Abuse | VICE News
- Indicted Producers of Planned Parenthood Videos Accused of Using Fake Licenses
- DEA sees Hezbollah link to Colombian cartel | World War 4 Report
- Photo ow.ly/3b3yFz 16 hours ago
- (via Bill Clinton admits he’s destroyed millions of black... ow.ly/3b3uw7 17 hours ago
- FAQ : #Mumia Abu Jamal ow.ly/Y3z89 17 hours ago
- dafuqdidijustread: Pastor’s ‘Kill the Gays’ Rally Attended... ow.ly/3b34HX 22 hours ago
- #Texas Acknowledges Rangers Killed Hundreds of #Latinos During Early 20th Century ow.ly/3aZzUX 22 hours ago