Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- A NATO Country Shot Down a Russian Bomber: It’s Time to Start Paying Attention – disinformation
- IRIN Global | EU starts to slam doors on asylum seekers | Global | Migration | Refugees/IDPs
- Pope Francis speaks out against ivory poaching in Kenya – Al Jazeera English
- NT Paperless Arrest Laws Part 1: Where They Came From, Who They Target – New Matilda
- Walmart Is Working with the FBI and Lockheed Martin to Spy on Striking Workers
- 4thWorldRadyo: In Conversation with AfroAmerican US #HipHop artist #Phenomenon @mauriongates ow.ly/VeNXb https://t.co/WZtw41po67 1 hour ago
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent Aboriginals ow.ly/VePzf 2 hours ago
- A NATO Country Shot Down a Russian Bomber: It’s Time to Start Paying Attention - disinformation ow.ly/38tkhX 2 hours ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/VeN1R 2 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: In Conversation with AfroAmerican US #HipHop artist #Phenomenon @mauriongates ow.ly/VeNJk https://t.co/xtq2dU3iI6 2 hours ago