Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Socialism According to Eugene V. Debs by Elizabeth Schulte
- Why the cynical focus on ‘Honour crimes’ won’t combat gender violence in the UK | Media Diversified
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Native American Woman Dies in Jail, Begging for Help. Officers Told Her to “Quit Faking” | The Free Thought Projec... ow.ly/327MP4 9 hours ago
- Suffering and loss in Istanbul’s transgender slum | Middle East Eye ow.ly/327MP5 9 hours ago
- (via ▶ Lobbyist Claims Monsanto’s Roundup Is Safe To... - (via ▶ Lobbyist Claims Monsanto’s Roundup Is Safe To Dri... ow.ly/327IR8 10 hours ago
- Organizaciones indígenas y campesinas solicitarán referéndum para reelegir a Evo Morales | RNV ow.ly/327Ivz 10 hours ago
- Video: (via ▶ Lobbyist Claims Monsanto’s Roundup Is Safe To Drink, Freaks Out When Offered A Glass -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1r4WraQ 10 hours ago