Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Support Mexico’s People – Not Its Authoritarian And Violent Government
- Jewish extremists torch cars, desecrate mosque in Israel
- Washington State Senator: ‘Colored’ People More Likely to Commit Crimes – The Root
- Former CIA Director David Petraeus Admits Sharing Military Secrets With Mistress
- Company Asks Cops to Keep Use of License Plate Trackers Secret | American Civil Liberties Union
- "“They told me that I was wanted for murders in the state of California,” Harvey said. “I laughed. I..." ow.ly/2VxcP2 3 hours ago
- Jewish extremists torch cars, desecrate mosque in Israel | Occupied Palestine | فلسطين ow.ly/2Vx2Wa 3 hours ago
- Mexico cracks down on narco-oil | World War 4 Report - Mexico cracks down on narco-oil | World War 4 Report: This ... ow.ly/2Vx2Wc 3 hours ago
- Did Conservatives violate their own terror bill by sharing "terrorist propaganda" on Facebook? | Press Progress ow.ly/2Vx2Wb 3 hours ago
- "“They told me that I was wanted for murders in the state of California,” Harvey said. “I laughed. I..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1f4vfyF 4 hours ago