Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Support Grows for a National Commission on Reparatory Justice
- Why You Mad Son? Radio | Facebook
- Virginia gunman was told by TV station to seek medical attention, memos say | US news | The Guardian
- COINTELPRO warrior Dhoruba bin Wahad attacked by New Black Panther Party – National Cointelpro | Examiner.com
- LAPD & Chicago bought “Stingrays on steroids” with asset-forfeiture & DHS money – Boing Boing
- (via FBI Had 12-Page File On George Carlin Because He Made Jokes... ow.ly/33q44k 16 hours ago
- Images of Israeli soldier trying to arrest boy go viral - CNN.com ow.ly/33pWBA 17 hours ago
- Photoset: (via FBI Had 12-Page File On George Carlin Because He Made Jokes About Government) After Carlin’s... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1tBtYyl 17 hours ago
- Israeli minister says IDF should have fired on unarmed Palestinian protesters for humiliating a soldier – Mondowei... ow.ly/33pPSw 18 hours ago
- Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media - Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media: In my last album, Running for the Drum, [I ... ow.ly/33puTY 21 hours ago