Never mind that the Canadian government agreed to produce a human rights report by May 15 of this year two years ago. Nor that it was precisely this element of the agreement that allowed the free trade pact to pass through parliament, given that Colombia was and still is the most dangerous place on earth to be a trade unionist, with the most internally displaced peoples worldwide between 3.9 and 5.5 million on last count and the great majority from mineral and hydrocarbon rich areas in which the numerous Canadian oil and mining companies operating in Colombia may have investments, with thirty-two Indigenous peoples at risk of extinction, or that at the time that the free trade agreement was being negotiated the Colombian government was mired in a scandal over close ties with paramilitary leaders, and a “false positives” scandal in which members of the Colombian army were killing citizens and then dressing them up as guerrillas or paramilitaries killed in combat.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- SBS sports reporter Scott McIntyre sacked over ‘disrespectful’ Anzac tweets | Media | The Guardian
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- नेपाल भूकंप: मरने वालों की संख्या 4,000 के पार, 7,000 जख्मी-Khabar IndiaTV ow.ly/2XXmoo 1 hour ago
- whitegirlsaintshit: whatisthat-velvet: To be clear: the... - whitegirlsaintshit: whatisthat-velvet: To be clear: t... ow.ly/2XXm08 1 hour ago
- Photo: whitegirlsaintshit: whatisthat-velvet: To be clear: the protesters are high school students who... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jW4wO0 1 hour ago
- Photo: bitterbitchclubpresident: fyeahindigenousfashion: tee, Indigenous Princess (Tlingit) Must have!!! tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jW4UQe 1 hour ago
- Photo: revolutionarykoolaid: They buried Freddie today. He is one of too many lives stolen by the Baltimore... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jW4Is0 1 hour ago