DHARAMSHALA, May 17: Tibetans in the exile headquarters of Dharamshala and all over India today organised various campaigns demanding the Chinese communist regime to release Gendhun Choekyi Nyima, the boy recognised by the Dalai Lama as the 11th Panchen Lama in 1995.Thursday marked 17 years since the Chinese authorities secretly abducted Gendhun Choekyi Nyima along with his parents on May 17, 1995, three days after His Holiness the Dalai Lama declared him to be the reincarnation of the previous Panchen Lama. He was only six years old then.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- SBS sports reporter Scott McIntyre sacked over ‘disrespectful’ Anzac tweets | Media | The Guardian
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- Freddie Gray and the Legacy of Slavery in Baltimore Policing ow.ly/2XXq1G 14 hours ago
- No ambulance coverage for many Sask. First Nations seniors | Globalnews.ca ow.ly/2XXq1H 14 hours ago
- नेपाल भूकंप: मरने वालों की संख्या 4,000 के पार, 7,000 जख्मी-Khabar IndiaTV ow.ly/2XXmoo 15 hours ago
- whitegirlsaintshit: whatisthat-velvet: To be clear: the... - whitegirlsaintshit: whatisthat-velvet: To be clear: t... ow.ly/2XXm08 15 hours ago
- Photo: whitegirlsaintshit: whatisthat-velvet: To be clear: the protesters are high school students who... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jW4wO0 16 hours ago