by Ethan Cox — In almost every report on the social movement now sweeping Quebec, including my own, words like conflict, crisis and stand-off figure prominently. Anger is omnipresent. The anger of protesters, the anger of government, the anger of those supposedly inconvenienced. Pundits scream about mob rule, anarchy in the streets and the dissolution of society as we know it.’Casseroles’ come alive every night at 8pm. Rabble.caDon’t get me wrong, there is anger present of course. But that is not what you see if you take to the streets, or watch on CUTV’s live stream. Pundits can’t stop bemoaning the inconvenience to “ordinary” Montrealers posed by these protests. But I wonder, are there any “ordinary” Montrealers left to inconvenience?
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Company Asks Cops to Keep Use of License Plate Trackers Secret | American Civil Liberties Union
- Mbeki to African leaders: Invest in ICT infrastructure to solve local challenges – Vanguard News
- Private police carry guns and make arrests, and their ranks are swelling – The Washington Post
- Man indicted for fatal beating of transgendered woman – NY Daily News
- David Petraeus To Plead Guilty To Leaking Classified Information – BuzzFeed News
- Video: his event is organised by Verso Books and Independent Jewish Voices, and is dedicated to Eric... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1f4aeBG 3 minutes ago
- In 10 mins: 4thWorldRadyo Call-In via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' / Tell the #4thWorld what U think abt #FergusonReport #DarrenWilson #MMIW 7 minutes ago
- "The Takfiri ISIL militants have “bulldozed” the ancient Assyrian city of Nimrud in the northern part..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1f4Uzzx 21 minutes ago
- rtamerica:Missing link? African bones extend humanity’s timeline... ow.ly/2VwO6h 25 minutes ago
- Aboriginal Inmates Go on Hunger Strike in Regina, Winning Access to Cultural Practices | VICE | Canada ow.ly/2VwNS9 25 minutes ago