by Ethan Cox — In almost every report on the social movement now sweeping Quebec, including my own, words like conflict, crisis and stand-off figure prominently. Anger is omnipresent. The anger of protesters, the anger of government, the anger of those supposedly inconvenienced. Pundits scream about mob rule, anarchy in the streets and the dissolution of society as we know it.’Casseroles’ come alive every night at 8pm. Rabble.caDon’t get me wrong, there is anger present of course. But that is not what you see if you take to the streets, or watch on CUTV’s live stream. Pundits can’t stop bemoaning the inconvenience to “ordinary” Montrealers posed by these protests. But I wonder, are there any “ordinary” Montrealers left to inconvenience?
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Texas police warned of new threats from biker gangs – AOL.com
- 4th World Radyo: The Hidden American Gulag: TheAngryindian Speaks with George Mallinckrodt
- 4th World Radyo: White-on-White-Crime in Waco: A Euro-Settler Double-Standard
- Leaked memo suggests biker gangs could target Houston law enforcement – Houston Chronicle
- McDonald’s faces worker pressure as shareholders meet – By Kim Gittleson BBC News, Chicago May 21st 2015
- 4th World Radyo: The Hidden American Gulag: TheAngryindian Speaks with George Mallinckrodt | APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/2Z0wKs 56 minutes ago
- 4th World Radyo: The Hidden American Gulag: TheAngryindian Speaks with George Mallinckrodt | APNS Public... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lX7NZy 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo seeks #Veterans to discuss the death of #SgtJamesBrown while in police custody in #Texas ow.ly/NjelN 1 hour ago
- PressTV-Myanmar to deport migrants to Bangladesh - PressTV-Myanmar to deport migrants to Bangladesh: According to ... ow.ly/2Z0uTU 1 hour ago
- RadioShack puts customer personal data up for sale in bankruptcy auction | PCWorld ow.ly/2Z0rbL 2 hours ago