by Ethan Cox — In almost every report on the social movement now sweeping Quebec, including my own, words like conflict, crisis and stand-off figure prominently. Anger is omnipresent. The anger of protesters, the anger of government, the anger of those supposedly inconvenienced. Pundits scream about mob rule, anarchy in the streets and the dissolution of society as we know it.’Casseroles’ come alive every night at 8pm. Rabble.caDon’t get me wrong, there is anger present of course. But that is not what you see if you take to the streets, or watch on CUTV’s live stream. Pundits can’t stop bemoaning the inconvenience to “ordinary” Montrealers posed by these protests. But I wonder, are there any “ordinary” Montrealers left to inconvenience?
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- 4th World Radyo: North American Political Education Basics 102
- ‘The War Is Over’: FARC and Colombian State sign final peace deal — JSC: Jamaicans in Solidarity with Cuba
- American University Attacked in Kabul, Three Dead — News from Antiwar.com
- theguardian.com: Member of British forces arrested over alleged Northern Ireland terrorism offences
- Newark boy, 10, thought cops ‘were going to shoot me’
- RT @LeeJasper: To all first world peoples stay strong @ChiefElk @mnxmoosi @palestine @AboriginalPress @LeonardPeltier https://t.co/ivSGZfvO… 11 minutes ago
- micdotcom: Trump’s appeal to black voters is actually a ploy to... ow.ly/xygj503QuUz 35 minutes ago
- 'North American Political Education Basics 102' | APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/Ig1r303Ah4j #History #Podcast https://t.co/I263AIVuMW 50 minutes ago
- CN supports Standing Rock Sioux in pipeline standoff - CN supports Standing Rock Sioux in pipeline standoff: ... ow.ly/5OfR503PhFA 12 hours ago
- Judge to Rule on Standing Rock Sioux Tribe’s Bid to Stop Oil Pipeline by Sept. 9 | Warrior Publications ow.ly/XGiy503PhFB 12 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.