You may remember the 2003 University of Chicago study by Devah Pager that sent young white and black “testers” with randomly assigned “felony convictions” to apply for low-wage jobs. The study found that whites with felonies were more likely to be called for interviews than black applicants without criminal records.Eight years later, black male unemployment has hit the highest rate since the government began keeping track in 1972. It is estimated that only 56.9 percent of black men over age 20 are working, and the prospects for them to earn an honest living anytime soon in this crumbling economy are not good.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Wikileaks emails: Democratic officials ‘plotted to expose Bernie Sanders’ as an atheist
- We Finally Have A Candidate That Speaks To ‘White Males,’ GOP Congressman Says | ThinkProgress
- Scalise, David Duke and the stain on the Republican Party | TheHill
- Levi Shirley wanted to be a Marine. Instead, he died an American vigilante fighting ISIS in Syria.
- (U//FOUO) DHS Intelligence Assessment: Sovereign Citizen Extremist Ideology Driving Violence | Public Intelligence
- Deny the British empire's crimes? No, we ignore them | George Monbiot ow.ly/vYre502IEID 21 minutes ago
- Post-Brexit racism update | Institute of Race Relations - Post-Brexit racism update | Institute of Race Relatio... ow.ly/ObCp502IEly 22 minutes ago
- APNS Novaĵagentejo - The Indigenist Newswire ow.ly/Vvna302xzT2 48 minutes ago
- Outrage as police officer convicted of bombarding woman with malicious calls is promoted ow.ly/Kd2t502IAXD 1 hour ago
- Man Who Uploaded #AltonSterling Video Still Paying a Price, Has Not Been Allowed Back to Work - Atlanta Black S... ow.ly/kEkc502IAUe 1 hour ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.