You may remember the 2003 University of Chicago study by Devah Pager that sent young white and black “testers” with randomly assigned “felony convictions” to apply for low-wage jobs. The study found that whites with felonies were more likely to be called for interviews than black applicants without criminal records.Eight years later, black male unemployment has hit the highest rate since the government began keeping track in 1972. It is estimated that only 56.9 percent of black men over age 20 are working, and the prospects for them to earn an honest living anytime soon in this crumbling economy are not good.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pueblo indígena desafía jurídicamente a Peña Nieto ante máximo tribunal del país | Centro de Derechos Humanos Zeferino Ladrillero
- PressTV-‘US sends more arms to militants in Syria’
- HuffPo: Basic Gun Violence Research Is Seriously Underfunded
- Texas councilman tasered outside home says he was rehearsing dance routine – video | US news | The Guardian
- Underground fire outside St. Louis has burned since 2010, nears nuclear waste dump – Chicago Tribune
- Bolivia: Capitalism must be 'destroyed' to solve climate change - 13 Oct 2015 - News from BusinessGreen ow.ly/35sQ4p 38 minutes ago
- (via Unwelcome at Home: Black Oaklanders on Racial Profiling on... ow.ly/35sPWn 39 minutes ago
- Video: (via Unwelcome at Home: Black Oaklanders on Racial Profiling on Vimeo) tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1w65oQ5 50 minutes ago
- "Citing an unidentified military source, Interfax said the Defense Ministry was working to create..." ow.ly/35qINc 14 hours ago
- "Citing an unidentified military source, Interfax said the Defense Ministry was working to create small..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1w44q9M 15 hours ago