By INA ALLECO R. SILVERIO Bulatlat.comMANILA — Are Filipinos all over the country ready to pay for privatized health services?On May 16, 2012, the Committee on Health of the House of Representatives gave its shocking approval to the passage of House Bill No. 6069 or “An Act Creating National Government Hospital Corporations.”The bill was originally filed by Bacolod Rep. Anthony Rolando T. Golez, Jr. The chairman of the committee, Negros Occidental 2nd District Rep. Alfredo Marañon III gave his full support to the proposal, alleging that the corporatization of government hospitals will lead to better management of funds that in turn will result to more services for poor patients.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Athens on edge after explosion severely damages buildings | World news | The Guardian
- What Did Tajikistan’s ISIS Colonel Learn From His American Training? | EurasiaNet.org
- China ‘cloning factory’ to produce cattle, racehorses and pets – Telegraph
- At least 18 complaints filed against CPD Officer Jason Van Dyke, now charged with murder | abc7chicago.com
- Putin Accuses Turkey Of Backing ISIS After It Downs Russian Warplane In Syria
- Athens on edge after explosion severely damages buildings | World news | The Guardian ow.ly/38jwpg 23 minutes ago
- Serial killers, indigenous women and the RCMP’s missing data - The Globe and Mail ow.ly/38jwb0 25 minutes ago
- 2015 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News - 2015 Gerald and Maas Suppressed News November 4, 2015 Myanmar (Bur... ow.ly/38jwaZ 25 minutes ago
- ‘Serious consideration’ to be given to holding inquiry into Sheku Bayoh death | UK news | The Guardian ow.ly/38jwaY 25 minutes ago
- New Anti-Terrorism Law Threatens Brazil’s Civil Society | RED POWER MEDIA ow.ly/38jf5E 4 hours ago