19/6/2012- The number of anti-Semitic incidents recorded in the Netherlands dropped by 9 percent last year but vandalism and assaults rose sharply, according to the annual report by the country’s watchdog on anti-Semitism. The Center for Information and Documentation on Israel, or CIDI, attributed the overall drop in recorded incidents to a decrease in the amount of hate mail reported. However, the Hague-based organization registered a sharp rise in real-life anti-Semitic incidents — such as vandalism, assaults or abuse — to 55 last year from 31 in 2010. In total, CIDI registered 113 anti-Semitic incidents in 2011, compared to 124 the previous year. CIDI found 18 cases of hate mail in 2011, compared to 47 in 2010. The organization’s records for 2011 show 28 victims of anti-Semitic, non-physical abuse on the street or in the public sphere. In 2009, CIDI listed 20 such incidents. That year saw anti-Semitism incidents of all categories skyrocketing worldwide in connection with Israel’s attack on Hamas in Gaza.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Dissent on Israel Not Permitted at Bernie Sanders Event
- Editorial: Rudy Giuliani, a sellout on gun control stance – NY Daily News
- Video shows NYPD cop pepper spray man after allegedly taking his cash | Fusion
- This Tattooed, Head-shaven, Straight-talking Mayor Wants to Be the Next Senator From Pennsylvania
- Anti-Muslim Protests Scheduled Nationwide: ‘Global Rally For Humanity’ Calls On Demonstrations In Front Of Mosques Across US Cities
- "Although the full text of the deal won’t be available for a month, recent leaks of the Intellectual..." ow.ly/359m65 9 hours ago
- 4th World Radyo : The Roosting of Right-Wing Extremist Chickens in Americas Gun-Happy Barnyard | APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/T6uv2 10 hours ago
- "Although the full text of the deal won’t be available for a month, recent leaks of the Intellectual..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1viEvxQ 11 hours ago
- “Manvertisements” and Toxic Masculinity - “Manvertisements” and Toxic Masculinity: As Harris O’Malley wrote on the... ow.ly/358Taf 14 hours ago
- “Manvertisements” and Toxic Masculinity - As Harris O’Malley wrote on the Daily Dot, “the strictures of... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1vhO-5R 15 hours ago