An intern at the Wall Street Journal who is Miss Black America – Connecticut, graduated from Yale University and said she wanted to “represent African American women in a positive light,” is no longer at the Journal after the newspaper said she fabricated sources and quotes just three weeks into the internship, according to news reports Tuesday.”The paper wrote that it had removed an article by the intern, Liane Membis, that was published on June 17 because many of the names contained in the article about the re-opening of the 103rd Street Pedestrian Bridge in Manhattan were fabricated and the quotes couldnt be independently verified. The note concluded: Ms. Membis is no longer working at The Wall Street Journal, Christine Haughney reported for the New York Times.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Support Grows for a National Commission on Reparatory Justice
- Why You Mad Son? Radio | Facebook
- Virginia gunman was told by TV station to seek medical attention, memos say | US news | The Guardian
- COINTELPRO warrior Dhoruba bin Wahad attacked by New Black Panther Party – National Cointelpro | Examiner.com
- LAPD & Chicago bought “Stingrays on steroids” with asset-forfeiture & DHS money – Boing Boing
- (via FBI Had 12-Page File On George Carlin Because He Made Jokes... ow.ly/33q44k 3 hours ago
- Images of Israeli soldier trying to arrest boy go viral - CNN.com ow.ly/33pWBA 4 hours ago
- Photoset: (via FBI Had 12-Page File On George Carlin Because He Made Jokes About Government) After Carlin’s... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1tBtYyl 4 hours ago
- Israeli minister says IDF should have fired on unarmed Palestinian protesters for humiliating a soldier – Mondowei... ow.ly/33pPSw 5 hours ago
- Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media - Blood on the Tracks | Bitch Media: In my last album, Running for the Drum, [I ... ow.ly/33puTY 8 hours ago