An intern at the Wall Street Journal who is Miss Black America – Connecticut, graduated from Yale University and said she wanted to “represent African American women in a positive light,” is no longer at the Journal after the newspaper said she fabricated sources and quotes just three weeks into the internship, according to news reports Tuesday.”The paper wrote that it had removed an article by the intern, Liane Membis, that was published on June 17 because many of the names contained in the article about the re-opening of the 103rd Street Pedestrian Bridge in Manhattan were fabricated and the quotes couldnt be independently verified. The note concluded: Ms. Membis is no longer working at The Wall Street Journal, Christine Haughney reported for the New York Times.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Racisme municipal militant contre des Roms à Haubourdin (59), c’est pas le F-Haine…
- Unknown Disease Ravages Ondo Community | 28 Dead in 3 Days
- 15 Nigerians, Ghanians killed in Mediterranean by Ivoriens, Malians, Senegalese Ap
- Police release extraordinary statement on Lord Janner: “this animal is still being protected”
- Michael Brown demonstrators ‘enemy forces’, United States National Guard says
- "Akbar the Great, third of the Muslim Mughal Emperors in India (1542–1605), showed an intolerant..." ow.ly/2XA3gv 8 hours ago
- "Akbar the Great, third of the Muslim Mughal Emperors in India (1542–1605), showed an intolerant..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1inV8Gp 9 hours ago
- "It’s a return to one of Thatcher’s failed policies from the 1980s – the so-called..." ow.ly/2XzJIv 13 hours ago
- "It’s a return to one of Thatcher’s failed policies from the 1980s – the so-called ‘right-to-buy’. The..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1imKnEX 14 hours ago
- "Following the execution of Saddam Hussein on 30 December, 2006, Al-Douri was confirmed as the new..." ow.ly/2XzGh4 14 hours ago