Aymara comunarios (communal pesants) from the pueblos of Karikari and Calachaca, in Bolivia’s Potosí department, on June 28 seized two engineers at the local Malku Khota mining operation, owned by South American Silver of Canada, to press their demand for the release of their leader Cancio Rojas, who was arrested late last month on charges related to protests against the mine project. A South American Silver statement said the two men had been “kidnapped,” and that they are “at serious risk given the aggressiveness and intolerance with which these groups behave.” Interior Minister Carlos Romero also said, “What they have done is a kidnapping, it’s an offense, it’s a crime.” He added that Cancio Rojas “is detained by the order of a competent judicial authority because he is accused of kidnapping, torture and other offenses.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Funky Smelling Silicon Valley Tap Water Caused By Delta Algae Bloom — CBS San FranciscoCBS San Francisco — Truth- A Right to Fight For…
- 72,000 USD a Week Pay Rise for Queen Elizabeth — nsnbc international
- Right of Conscientious Objection Recognized In Rojava | The Rojava Report
- 125 Years After a Massacre, Native Americans Are Still Fighting to Take Back Wounded Knee | Mic
- ‘Leaked’ Memo Signals Danger of Stepped Up U.S. Aggression: Syria Needs a Real Revolution—Not an Even Worse Reactionary Bloodbath
- Funky Smelling Silicon Valley Tap Water Caused By Delta Algae... ow.ly/DNT4501UP0m 2 hours ago
- Māori protest movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Māori protest movement - Wikipedia, the free encycl... ow.ly/KCu0501UHsg 4 hours ago
- Trump and the GOP hate Native Americans - Trump and the GOP hate Native Americans ow.ly/2hVQ501UC4v 5 hours ago
- #AntiFa ow.ly/Faq4301MmSh 6 hours ago
- The movement that’s fueling Donald Trump’s white nationalist supporters | VICE News ow.ly/CePh501UqYb 6 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.