“For years, government lawyers have been arguing that our case is too secret for the courts to consider, despite the mounting confirmation of widespread mass illegal surveillance of ordinary people,” said EFF Legal Director Cindy Cohn. “Now we have three former NSA officials confirming the basic facts. Neither the Constitution nor federal law allow the government to collect massive amounts of communications and data of innocent Americans and fish around in it in case it might find something interesting. This kind of power is too easily abused. We’re extremely pleased that more whistleblowers have come forward to help end this massive spying program.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pueblo indígena desafía jurídicamente a Peña Nieto ante máximo tribunal del país | Centro de Derechos Humanos Zeferino Ladrillero
- PressTV-‘US sends more arms to militants in Syria’
- HuffPo: Basic Gun Violence Research Is Seriously Underfunded
- Texas councilman tasered outside home says he was rehearsing dance routine – video | US news | The Guardian
- Underground fire outside St. Louis has burned since 2010, nears nuclear waste dump – Chicago Tribune
- "Citing an unidentified military source, Interfax said the Defense Ministry was working to create..." ow.ly/35qINc 5 hours ago
- "Citing an unidentified military source, Interfax said the Defense Ministry was working to create small..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1w44q9M 5 hours ago
- #BlackLivesMatter: Physicians Must Stand for Racial Justice, Oct 15 - AMA Journal of Ethics (formerly Virtual Ment... ow.ly/35qDdJ 6 hours ago
- The controversial killing of Fadi Alloun - Al Jazeera English ow.ly/35qDdK 6 hours ago
- Conservative MP Bob Zimmer, on MMIW: Get a job & stay on reserve where you belong — Meet the Harper Gang ow.ly/35qDdL 6 hours ago