Buried in the International Monetary Fund’s annual survey of the U.S. economy is a contentious suggestion for fixing the housing market. The survey, which the IMF published on July 3, when many people were probably more focused on fireworks than finance, wasn’t upbeat. It said the recovery was “tepid” and pointed to housing as one place where the Obama administration could help things along. “The recovery could also strengthen if the policy measures aimed at a faster resolution of the housing crisis gain traction,” the IMF wrote.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Anti-gay crusader had 250-page FBI file | TheHill
- On the blacklist: how did the UK’s top building firms get secret information on their workers? | UK news | The Guardian
- WordPress Sites Vulnerable to Plugin-Related SQL Attacks | Threatpost | The first stop for security news
- ‘Ex-Israeli agents’ threatened cyber attack on S Africa – Al Jazeera English
- Gemalto Doesn’t Know What It Doesn’t Know – The Intercept
- Centering the voices of people who trade or sell sex in indigenous anti-violence organizing: Statement from the In... ow.ly/2VikVJ 7 hours ago
- Swastikas spray-painted on cars lead to hate-crime probe in Montreal - Montreal - CBC News ow.ly/2VijF7 7 hours ago
- Centering the voices of people who trade or sell sex in indigenous anti-violence organizing: Statement from... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1efqLeC 8 hours ago
- "”Jag kan inte stå för att hon möter en oliktänkande med ett tillhygge”, säger Eva Johansson,..." ow.ly/2Vi4Mj 10 hours ago
- Oil Spill: Syndicates Defraud Communities As Shell Remains Adamant On Payout | Sahara Reporters ow.ly/2Vi3G2 10 hours ago