The London-based rights organisation, Minority Rights Group International, in its latest annual survey of Aboriginal communities globally and released in Bangkok, says Australian Aboriginal communities “occupy the bottom rung” of a range of social indicators. Aboriginal Australians are also over-represented in the criminal justice system and are 14 times more likely to be sent to jail than non-Aboriginal people.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Why is Senegal sending troops to Saudi Arabia? – BBC News
- Obama silent on Omaha Two case as UN human rights treaty review progresses – National Cointelpro | Examiner.com
- Video shows 4 black officers held at gunpoint by police – Black Politics on the Web
- The Tricky Business Of Combating The Islamic State In Minneapolis-St Paul | ThinkProgress
- Accomplices Not Allies: Abolishing the Ally Industrial Complex
- "As soon as the bucket hit the riot shields, the police charged at us. We turned off North Avenue and..." ow.ly/2YgaYi 6 hours ago
- "As soon as the bucket hit the riot shields, the police charged at us. We turned off North Avenue and..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1k6KfiU 6 hours ago
- "Because of Keltz’s remark, the accused officer will have another Article 15 hearing with a different..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1k6KDyO 6 hours ago
- "In a CBS News poll just two months ago, 38 percent said race relations were “generally bad.” The..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1k6JbPT 6 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: 'The Dogs of Race War: Negro Mercenaries & The #BaltimoreUprising' | is.gd/PdYdq9 #PirateRadio #TalkRadio 7 hours ago