The London-based rights organisation, Minority Rights Group International, in its latest annual survey of Aboriginal communities globally and released in Bangkok, says Australian Aboriginal communities “occupy the bottom rung” of a range of social indicators. Aboriginal Australians are also over-represented in the criminal justice system and are 14 times more likely to be sent to jail than non-Aboriginal people.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Mapuche: Gira de Jaime Huenchullan a Europa
- The Face of Litter: DNA taken from trash used to map features of litterbugs in Hong Kong — RT News
- County sheriff has used stingray over 300 times with no warrant | Ars Technica
- Texas police warned of new threats from biker gangs – AOL.com
- 4th World Radyo: The Hidden American Gulag: TheAngryindian Speaks with George Mallinckrodt
- Exclusive: Leaked Report Profiles Military, Police Members of Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs - The Intercept ow.ly/2Z1M1n 7 hours ago
- WGAR News: NT Intervention opened way to Aboriginal community closures: Paddy Gibson, Green Left | Indymedia Austr... ow.ly/2Z1M1o 7 hours ago
- "In the 2006 report, the FBI found that federal court determined that members of a Los Angeles..." ow.ly/2Z1KqF 8 hours ago
- FBI Says Racist Organizations Have Been Infiltrating Police Departments For Years ow.ly/2Z1I8L 8 hours ago
- "In the 2006 report, the FBI found that federal court determined that members of a Los Angeles sheriffs..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lad3td 8 hours ago