Three elderly Kenyans who are suing the government for damages were told it did not dispute that “terrible things” had happened to them. Their lawyers say it is the first ever official acknowledgement by the UK. The revolt against British rule in Kenya in the 1950s and 1960s was marked by atrocities, with thousands killed. The British government argues that too much time has passed for a fair hearing to be conducted. Before starting cross-examination of witnesses, the QC for the British government, Guy Mansfield, said he did not want to dispute that civilians had suffered “torture and ill-treatment at the hands of the colonial administration”. He spoke directly to each of the witnesses, saying he did “not want to dispute the fact that terrible things happened to you”. Papers in the test case were first served on the UK in 2009. In 2011, a High Court judge ruled the claimants – Paulo Muoka Nzili, Wambuga Wa Nyingi and Jane Muthoni Mara – did have an arguable case. The claimants lawyers allege that Mr Nzili was castrated, Mr Nyingi was severely beaten and Mrs Mara was subjected to appalling sexual abuse in detention camps during the rebellion.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The Truth Perspective: Interview: Paul Henry Abram on spying for NSA, hearing the shoot-down of Hammarskjold’s plane — Secret History — Sott.net
- World’s fastest jet MiG-31 intercepts US spy plane near Russia’s Far East — RT News
- Dunford Acknowledges US Troops in Iraq Conduct Combat Operations | Military.com
- Racist Trump Fan Arrested With Stockpile Of Pipe Bombs After Threatening Obama
- White House May Declassify 9/11 Files As Saudi Lobbying Intensifies
- 4thWorldRadyo seeks activists to discuss #KenLivingstone #Labour #NazShah #Judeophobia & #Zionism via Skype / Pls DM @TheAngryindian 54 minutes ago
- #LeonardPeltier is Suffering from an Abdominal Aortic Aneurism, Surgery Still not set ow.ly/Xn4PJ #AIM #IdleNoMore #NDN 58 minutes ago
- Cuba: May Day celebrations have begun! - Cuba: May Day celebrations have begun!: fuckyeahmarxismleninism: ARTEM... ow.ly/8JXRRd 18 hours ago
- Organizers Disrupt NFL Draft Town #SaveCSU #DontPayDante - Pastebin.com ow.ly/8JXRPu 18 hours ago
- US expert warns of conflict among Shia groups in Iraq - US expert warns of conflict among Shia groups in Iraq ow.ly/8JXNSr 19 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.