This extraordinary concentration of power and money in the global food trade has been identified by Oxfam in a new report this week as one of the structural flaws of the system. At each stage a handful of players dominate, not just in primary agriculture but in food manufacturing and retailing. The result, according to Oxfam, is that “they extract much of the value along the chain, while costs and risks cascade down on to the weakest participants, generally the farmers and labourers at the bottom”.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Pope Francis speaks out against ivory poaching in Kenya – Al Jazeera English
- NT Paperless Arrest Laws Part 1: Where They Came From, Who They Target – New Matilda
- Walmart Is Working with the FBI and Lockheed Martin to Spy on Striking Workers
- Port Fail: Vulnerability reveals real IP | Perfect Privacy
- Party like it’s 1998: UK government bans ripping CDs — again / Boing Boing
- dailykos.com: Indian Child Removal: Racism, "Perverse Financial Incentives," and Willful Violation o... ow.ly/38qvPE 2 hours ago
- Three Killed in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting Grasswire | Your Newsroom ow.ly/38qrHK 3 hours ago
- F is 4 #Fascism (& The Aryan Abattoir) An #Antifascismus Notebook wp.me/p3exIw-YV / tinyurl.com/qbsjlr5 https://t.co/ltJg235FST 6 hours ago
- 3 confirmed killed, gunman detained in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting ow.ly/38qhPz 6 hours ago
- Lest You Forget: Lavrov Reminds Turkey of Its Involvement in ISIL Oil Trade ow.ly/38qeNv 7 hours ago