This extraordinary concentration of power and money in the global food trade has been identified by Oxfam in a new report this week as one of the structural flaws of the system. At each stage a handful of players dominate, not just in primary agriculture but in food manufacturing and retailing. The result, according to Oxfam, is that “they extract much of the value along the chain, while costs and risks cascade down on to the weakest participants, generally the farmers and labourers at the bottom”.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Gawker: Report: Man Ejected From Somali Plane in Midair Was Suicide Bomber
- The Pentagon Just Released 200 Long-Awaited Photos Related to Detainee Abuse | VICE News
- Indicted Producers of Planned Parenthood Videos Accused of Using Fake Licenses
- DEA sees Hezbollah link to Colombian cartel | World War 4 Report
- New U.S. intelligence report says Islamic State weaker | Reuters
- No place in Ireland for racism and Islamophobia- Lynn Boylan MEP | Sinn F�in ow.ly/3b19O5 6 hours ago
- #Fis4Fascism (& #TheAryanAbattoir) An #Antifa.scismus Notebook wp.me/p3exIw-YV / tinyurl.com/qbsjlr5 https://t.co/ltJg235FST 7 hours ago
- "Before I say why, note how many colleagues and former associates “loathe” him. A Bush..." ow.ly/3b0YWA 8 hours ago
- "Another frequent criticism of Morrison’s work (until the appearance of Tar Baby) and of other Black..." ow.ly/3b0Tre 9 hours ago
- El Salvador: indigenous mark 1932 massacre | World War 4 Report ow.ly/3b0TpS 9 hours ago