This extraordinary concentration of power and money in the global food trade has been identified by Oxfam in a new report this week as one of the structural flaws of the system. At each stage a handful of players dominate, not just in primary agriculture but in food manufacturing and retailing. The result, according to Oxfam, is that “they extract much of the value along the chain, while costs and risks cascade down on to the weakest participants, generally the farmers and labourers at the bottom”.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Texas police warned of new threats from biker gangs – AOL.com
- 4th World Radyo: The Hidden American Gulag: TheAngryindian Speaks with George Mallinckrodt
- 4th World Radyo: White-on-White-Crime in Waco: A Euro-Settler Double-Standard
- Leaked memo suggests biker gangs could target Houston law enforcement – Houston Chronicle
- McDonald’s faces worker pressure as shareholders meet – By Kim Gittleson BBC News, Chicago May 21st 2015
- Judge Won't Give Public Access to Senate Report on CIA Torture By LORRAINE BAILEY ow.ly/2Z0DAk 2 hours ago
- Here Are 13 Killings by Police Captured on Video in the Past Year | Mother Jones ow.ly/2Z0DAi 2 hours ago
- Let's Celebrate Real Australian Heroes Like The One We've Just Lost | newmatilda.com ow.ly/2Z0DAj 2 hours ago
- 4th World Radyo: The Hidden American Gulag: TheAngryindian Speaks with George Mallinckrodt | APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/2Z0wKs 4 hours ago
- 4th World Radyo: The Hidden American Gulag: TheAngryindian Speaks with George Mallinckrodt | APNS Public... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1lX7NZy 5 hours ago