In the United Kingdom, the latest figures on communications surveillance were published last week. They showed that in 2011, 494,078 requests for communications data were made by authorities. Communications data include IP addresses, the date and time a communication was sent, and location information—but not the actual content of a call, text, or email. Still high at about 1,300 per day and almost one per minute, the 494,078 requests in fact represented a decline of 11 percent from the previous year. In direct contrast, perhaps due to the security effort around the upcoming London Olympics, the United Kingdom witnessed a steep rise in warrants authorizing the interception of communications content. 2,911 interception requests were granted—a 73 percent increase on 2010’s reported 1,682.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Trump and Putin Tried to Meet in Moscow Three Years Ago: Source – NBC News
- theantimedia.org : This is How Facebook ‘Accidentally’ Blocked DNC Email Leak Scandal
- Former Mexico cartel leader guilty of killing DEA agent moved to house arrest
- MSNBC Homeland Security Analyst Slams Trump’s Call For “Watergate”-Like Cyberattack On Clinton
- Trump’s Russian Deals | Nuclear Diner
- Fascist imperative behind relentless terror | CounterVortex - Fascist imperative behind relentless terror | Cou... ow.ly/lfEq502UgRK 15 minutes ago
- RT @ENDRACEBASEDLAW: @AboriginalPress @ReZpectOurWater it's not your water, and the more you say that, the stronger you make me and my move… 58 minutes ago
- RT @ENDRACEBASEDLAW: @AboriginalPress @ReZpectOurWater you are using this subject to be racist thugs, claiming all the land from people who… 58 minutes ago
- RT @ENDRACEBASEDLAW: @AboriginalPress @ReZpectOurWater my father is a water treatment expert who invented processes to clean up oil spills.… 58 minutes ago
- Benedict Donald is in violation of the Logan Act - Democratic Underground ow.ly/Fpms502UcXe 1 hour ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.