To reassert its waning influence on the continent in the face of growing Chinese investment, the US established Africom – the “Africa Command” of the US military – in October 2008. Africom co-ordinates all US military activity in Africa and, according to its mission statement, “contributes to increasing security and stability in Africa – allowing African states and regional organizations to promote democracy, to expand development, to provide for their common defense, and to better serve their people”.However, in more unguarded moments, officials have been more straightforward: Vice Admiral Robert Moeller declared in a conference in 2008 that Africom was about preserving “the free flow of natural resources from Africa to the global market”, and two years later, in a piece in Foreign policy magazine, wrote: “Let there be no mistake. Africoms job is to protect American lives and promote American interests.” Through this body, western powers are resorting to the use of military power to win back the leverage once attained through financial monopoly.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Brazil Charges 21 People With Homicide in BHP Mining Dam Collapse — Papua New Guinea Mine Watch
- Trump Connections to the Far-Right at Home and Abroad and Refusal to Read/Accept US Intelligence Reports on Russian Hacks Alarms Former Officials
- Breaking: interpretermag.com Report on Russia
- nydailynews.com / EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump made millions from Saudi government
- cbc.ca: Caseworkers not required to read full client files, fatality inquiry told
- Killer Robots Are Coming And These People Are Trying To Stop Them ow.ly/3YMM505GPM8 12 hours ago
- Trump Connections to the Far-Right at Home and Abroad and Refusal to Read/Accept US Intelligence Reports on Rus... ow.ly/QlLZ505GEjJ 13 hours ago
- #AfricanHistory: The Fate of #Africans During the Nazi #Germany Era | The Modern [AfroIndio] Times… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 13 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo seeks #Indigenous activists to comment on #NoDAPL & #IndigenousRights / DM @TheAngryindian (Skype/Jabber/SIP/GoogleTalk) 14 hours ago
- Published on Aug 20, 2014 Multiple arrests have been made in... ow.ly/swwd505GqUM 16 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.