Tunisias ex-strongman Zine El Abidine Ben Ali has been sentenced in absentia to life in prison for complicity in the murders of 43 protesters in the 2011 revolution. Hedi Ayari, a judge from the Tunis military court, said Ben Ali was judged with around 40 of his former officials. General Ali Seriati, ex-head of presidential security, was given a 20-year prison term, AP reports. Former interior minister Rafik Belhaj Kacem got 15 years. The case against Ahmed Friaa, another former interior minister, was dismissed. Families of the victims said the sentences for Seriati and Kacem were too lenient.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- Timeline Photos – Shut Down Australia | Facebook
- Flash - HIV cases skyrocket among US painkiller drug abusers - France 24 ow.ly/2XQvhq 7 hours ago
- "It is an enduring stereotype – conservatives prefer suburban McMansions while liberals like urban..." ow.ly/2XQoRp 9 hours ago
- Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22 | Moorbey'z Blog - Update on Mumia’z Health 4/22 | Moorbey'z Blog: Mumia is being he... ow.ly/2XQkjG 10 hours ago
- "It is an enduring stereotype – conservatives prefer suburban McMansions while liberals like urban..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jFX9D9 10 hours ago
- "With such broad criteria, the Obama White House has blurred the line between “civilian” and..." ow.ly/2XQem0 12 hours ago