Tunisias ex-strongman Zine El Abidine Ben Ali has been sentenced in absentia to life in prison for complicity in the murders of 43 protesters in the 2011 revolution. Hedi Ayari, a judge from the Tunis military court, said Ben Ali was judged with around 40 of his former officials. General Ali Seriati, ex-head of presidential security, was given a 20-year prison term, AP reports. Former interior minister Rafik Belhaj Kacem got 15 years. The case against Ahmed Friaa, another former interior minister, was dismissed. Families of the victims said the sentences for Seriati and Kacem were too lenient.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Please take some time to show your solidarity with the Heiltsuk People!
- Mumia Hospitalized: Family Visitation Denied | Prison Radio
- Government delivered a letter of protest against the decree Obama on the US Embassy (AUDIO) | RNV – Radio Nacional de Venezuela
- Arab states should “strike” Gaza like Yemen, says advisor to Mahmoud Abbas | The Electronic Intifada
- S.F. jail inmates forced to fight, public defender says – SFGate
- The Folly Of Racialist Nationalism (March 27, 2015) - APNS Public Radyo ow.ly/L3pPF 11 minutes ago
- "The simple general rule has always been that you are free to practice Protestantism or Wicca or..." ow.ly/2WK19X 3 hours ago
- Please take some time to show your solidarity with the Heiltsuk People! | s-kw'etu'? ow.ly/2WK0yN 3 hours ago
- "The simple general rule has always been that you are free to practice Protestantism or Wicca or..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hEvM5p 4 hours ago
- "At a pro-police rally in St Louis on Saturday, Jeff Roorda, the controversial police union..." ow.ly/2WJjA2 7 hours ago