The report, issued by the U.N.’s Somalia Eritrea Monitoring Group (SEMG) and reviewed by The Daily Beast, details three covert U.S. programs to aid local Somali security services in their fight against Al-Shabab, the Somalia affiliate of al Qaeda. It says Central Intelligence Agency officers are helping the government of Puntland, a semi-autonomous region not recognized by the U.N., and U.S. special forces are fighting alongside Puntland soldiers. It also says the U.S. hasn’t notified the U.N. of these activities, as is required by the terms of the embargo. The U.S. helped establish the embargo in 1992 when Somalia erupted in a civil war.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- PressTV – Turkey closing down military academies
- Funding fear of Muslims: $206m went to promoting ‘hatred’, report finds | World news | The Guardian
- Senate passes cybercrime bill after numerous tweaks – The Express Tribune
- Turkish media accuse US general, CIA, of plotting coup | intelNews.org
- CIA chief not optimistic Syria will remain one country – News from Al Jazeera
- 4WR seeks concerned Caucasians 2 discuss #LorneAhrens & #WhiteSupremacy in the military & law enforcement via Skype / Pls DM @TheAngryindian 20 minutes ago
- Orlando & Nice Killers Were Troubled Loners, Not ISIS - Orlando & Nice Killers Were Troubled Loners, Not ISIS: ... ow.ly/v8sf502XHzO 42 minutes ago
- Iniciativas para un desarrollo sostenible de la Amazonía | Servindi - Servicios de Comunicación Intercultural ow.ly/yBzN502XHgS 43 minutes ago
- I CARE - - Germany: Munich gunman 'obsessed with Hitler and expressed hatred of Turks and Arabs ow.ly/mgXw502XHgR 43 minutes ago
- OSCE: Monitors In Eastern Ukraine Threatened At Gunpoint By Separatists - Democratic Underground ow.ly/kaWO502XHgQ 43 minutes ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.