The report, issued by the U.N.’s Somalia Eritrea Monitoring Group (SEMG) and reviewed by The Daily Beast, details three covert U.S. programs to aid local Somali security services in their fight against Al-Shabab, the Somalia affiliate of al Qaeda. It says Central Intelligence Agency officers are helping the government of Puntland, a semi-autonomous region not recognized by the U.N., and U.S. special forces are fighting alongside Puntland soldiers. It also says the U.S. hasn’t notified the U.N. of these activities, as is required by the terms of the embargo. The U.S. helped establish the embargo in 1992 when Somalia erupted in a civil war.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- THE GREAT EUROPEAN EXPERIMENT FALLS APART
- NASCAR tells fans not to bring Confederate flags to races
- British artists against TTIP trade deal
- United States arms profits first, Bahraini human rights a poor second
- National/Guerrero: Nine months after the Ayotzinapa atrocity, relatives express that they will not be silenced
- "In a 7-0 ruling, the Oklahoma Supreme Court cleared the way for two lawsuits filed against New..." ow.ly/30Vq6A 12 hours ago
- "In a 7-0 ruling, the Oklahoma Supreme Court cleared the way for two lawsuits filed against New..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1ojBNWg 12 hours ago
- Controversies - Federal Hate Crime Conviction Rate: 11% - AllGov - News ow.ly/30VjqE 14 hours ago
- Obama Admin Blocks Stadium Until Redskins Change Their Name | Mediaite ow.ly/30VeMY 14 hours ago
- Obama Admin Blocks Stadium Until Redskins Change Their Name | Mediaite ow.ly/30VeMX 14 hours ago