The Washington Post is reporting the online phone platform Skype has increased its cooperation with law enforcement to give police access to online chats and other user data, including credit card numbers and addresses. Skype has had a reputation as a highly secure platform used around the world by activists seeking to avoid government repression. Its reputation for security stemmed from its strong encryption technology and other features. But authorities had pushed for changes, saying Skype’s security allowed criminals to communicate secretly. Skype’s security changes have been hailed by law enforcement but strongly criticized by anti-surveillance activists.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Officer of the Year Eric Casebolt’z brutality inspirez courageouz youth to fight back (Black)
- Police Officer Shooting At Dog Hits Nearby Toddler, Leaves ‘Without Offering Help’
- IS offensive running out of steam after rebel-regime victories
- Bolivian-Venezuelan Military construction team begins work on TIPNIS highway
- New Paramilitary Attack in the Caracol of Resistance towards a New Dawn, La Garrucha
- "Tevens heeft TTIP een groot effect op onze democratische processen, door middel van de ISDS-clausule..." ow.ly/30RwnH 26 minutes ago
- "Tevens heeft TTIP een groot effect op onze democratische processen, door middel van de ISDS-clausule..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1obctOq 42 minutes ago
- Mismeasures of Radical #Afrocentrism: Indigenist Thoughts on African Fascism & the Failure of #MasterRace Narratives ow.ly/P5WGu 53 minutes ago
- "Overall, real average incomes per family in 2014 grew by a substantial 4.8 percent. For the bottom..." ow.ly/30RqvW 1 hour ago
- Female pastors in Clarendon County receive letters threatening t - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina ow.ly/30Rq5t 1 hour ago