The Washington Post is reporting the online phone platform Skype has increased its cooperation with law enforcement to give police access to online chats and other user data, including credit card numbers and addresses. Skype has had a reputation as a highly secure platform used around the world by activists seeking to avoid government repression. Its reputation for security stemmed from its strong encryption technology and other features. But authorities had pushed for changes, saying Skype’s security allowed criminals to communicate secretly. Skype’s security changes have been hailed by law enforcement but strongly criticized by anti-surveillance activists.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Mbeki to African leaders: Invest in ICT infrastructure to solve local challenges – Vanguard News
- Private police carry guns and make arrests, and their ranks are swelling – The Washington Post
- Man indicted for fatal beating of transgendered woman – NY Daily News
- David Petraeus To Plead Guilty To Leaking Classified Information – BuzzFeed News
- Hispanics more likely than whites to say global warming is caused by humans | Pew Research Center
- Will Nelson Mandela's Solitary Confinement Inspire Positive Change? | American Civil Liberties Union ow.ly/2Vwd1v 33 minutes ago
- Will Nelson Mandela's Solitary Confinement Inspire Positive Change? | American Civil Liberties Union ow.ly/2Vwd1u 33 minutes ago
- Indisputable proof that prosecutors and politicians are penalized when they hold police accountable ow.ly/2Vu7AZ 17 hours ago
- "These militant groups fully exploit the tools and techniques on offer to them: Be it Boko Haram..." ow.ly/2Vtvts 21 hours ago
- In 30 mins: 4thWorldRadyo Call-In via Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' / Tell the #4thWorld what U think abt #FergusonReport #DarrenWilson #MMIW 22 hours ago