“This was stunning cowardice by the Obama administration, which at the last minute did an about-face and scuttled progress toward a global arms treaty, just as it reached the finish line,” said Suzanne Nossel, executive director of Amnesty International USA. “It’s a staggering abdication of leadership by the world’s largest exporter of conventional weapons to pull the plug on the talks just as they were nearing an historic breakthrough.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- THE GREAT EUROPEAN EXPERIMENT FALLS APART
- NASCAR tells fans not to bring Confederate flags to races
- British artists against TTIP trade deal
- United States arms profits first, Bahraini human rights a poor second
- National/Guerrero: Nine months after the Ayotzinapa atrocity, relatives express that they will not be silenced
- "…Fellow-citizens, pardon me, allow me to ask, why am I called upon to speak here to-day? What..." ow.ly/30X1gq 3 hours ago
- Eagle Feather News - Eagle Feather News: Business, Missing People, News And the Indigenous Newsmaker of the Year g... ow.ly/30WXaz 3 hours ago
- "…Fellow-citizens, pardon me, allow me to ask, why am I called upon to speak here to-day? What have I,..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1onkT_v 3 hours ago
- Video shows a New York City cop fighting a suspect before he is... ow.ly/30Wyxa 9 hours ago
- Why Realness Fails Us in Native Studies | against a politics of disposability ow.ly/30Wyg4 9 hours ago