Contact: Sharon Singh, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-675-8579, @spksinghWashington, D.C. – Amnesty International today called on Czech authorities to prevent forcibly evicting dozens of Roma families living in rental accommodations in the north-eastern Czech town of Ostrava this weekend.On Friday morning, the head of Ostrava’s construction office delivered an eviction notice to more than 40 Roma families living in rented housing on Prednadrazi Street, giving them just over 24 hours to leave the premises voluntarily. If the inhabitants fail to leave, they risk having the police enforce the eviction order.Since local authorities provided only a day’s notice, the human rights organization is concerned that it will amount to an illegal forced eviction. Thirty families with have not been provided alternative housing arrangements yet.“If an eviction is found to be the only workable option, nobody should be left homeless,” said Jezerca Tigani, Europe and Central Asia deputy program director at Amnesty International. “The authorities must ensure that any alternative accommodation complies with the criteria for adequate housing.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Activist Faces Extradition and 99-Year Sentence on Hacking Charges
- Thousands, including ‘MI6 spies’, have bank details leaked
- ‘The state stole my raise’: workers sue Alabama over ‘racist’ wage law | US news | The Guardian
- Letter Details FBI Plan for Secretive Anti-Radicalization Committees
- Three linked to California terror attack arrested – International – World – Ahram Online
- States Could Not Terminate Medicaid for Juveniles in Custody Under Bill ow.ly/8JUhig 1 hour ago
- Activist Faces Extradition and 99-Year Sentence on Hacking Charges ow.ly/8JU8fZ 3 hours ago
- If U like #ProgressiveTalkRadio Please support @bobkincaid & the @TheHORN #Radio programme ow.ly/nilB5 : ow.ly/nilHG 3 hours ago
- Global Government Requests Report | Facebook Newsroom - Global Government Requests Report | Facebook Newsroom ow.ly/8JTWnp 4 hours ago
- Exclusive: Leaked IDF Report States Soldier Who Shot Palestinian Attacker Driven by 'Twisted Ideology' | VICE N... ow.ly/8JTSqB 5 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.