Salem-News.comA US newspaper has revealed that the FBI has been raiding the houses of anti-Wall Street protesters in Oregon and Washington in what the agency describes an “ongoing violent crime investigation.”TEHRAN – The Oregonian newspaper reported that heavily-armed domestic terrorism units of the FBI have been raiding the homes of activists in Seattle and Olympia, Washington and Portland, Oregon over the last month.The report said that at least six homes have been raided in the two states since July 10.The FBI has described the raids as part of an ongoing violent crime investigation, linked to last year’s Occupy May Day protests, during which a number of minor acts of vandalism allegedly took place.In one of the raids, eyewitnesses reported as many as 80 agents in body armor, wearing military fatigues, and armed with assault rifles participated in the raid.“I just heard lots of pounding at 6 o’clock, and I got up and I saw the whole thing,” said one of the eyewitnesses, adding, “I saw them screaming to get in. They were using the battering ram, and then finally the door just opened.”FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele told the newspaper, “The warrants are sealed… and I anticipate they will remain sealed.”
Southern Poverty Law Center
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- More #Russia
- An Alabama Prison’z Unrelenting Descent Into Violence | Moorbey’z Blog
- No need for ISPs to tell you what info they’re slurping up
- Chiapas: Conflict between Parties Unleashes Violence in Chenalho
- News in brief: Alabama considers porn filters; Samsung launches new Galaxy; celeb’s Instagram hacked – Naked Security
- The long, twisted, and bizarre history of the Trump-Russia scandal ow.ly/qVT150aw07r 1 hour ago
- #Mumia 1 hour ago
- If U like #ProgressiveTalkRadio Please support @bobkincaid & the @TheHORN #Radio programme ow.ly/nilB5 : ow.ly/nilHG 1 hour ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: The Ides of March: EasyD & the Unbearable Mishegoss of Compromised American Politics w/ @BobKincaid… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- An Alabama Prison’z Unrelenting Descent Into Violence - moorbey: An Alabama Prison’z Unrelenting Descent Into V... ow.ly/4m8J50avXWp 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.