Salem-News.comA US newspaper has revealed that the FBI has been raiding the houses of anti-Wall Street protesters in Oregon and Washington in what the agency describes an “ongoing violent crime investigation.”TEHRAN – The Oregonian newspaper reported that heavily-armed domestic terrorism units of the FBI have been raiding the homes of activists in Seattle and Olympia, Washington and Portland, Oregon over the last month.The report said that at least six homes have been raided in the two states since July 10.The FBI has described the raids as part of an ongoing violent crime investigation, linked to last year’s Occupy May Day protests, during which a number of minor acts of vandalism allegedly took place.In one of the raids, eyewitnesses reported as many as 80 agents in body armor, wearing military fatigues, and armed with assault rifles participated in the raid.“I just heard lots of pounding at 6 o’clock, and I got up and I saw the whole thing,” said one of the eyewitnesses, adding, “I saw them screaming to get in. They were using the battering ram, and then finally the door just opened.”FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele told the newspaper, “The warrants are sealed… and I anticipate they will remain sealed.”
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Italy investigators say Vatican link in ‘al-Qaeda’ arrests – BBC News
- Arizona Sheriff Describes Investigation Into Judge’s Wife
- Chicago Is About to Offer the Nation’s First Reparations Program for Victims of Police Violence | The Nation
- Timeline Photos – Shut Down Australia | Facebook
- Yemen talks should begin after halt to violence- Yemen Post English Newspaper Online
- "With such broad criteria, the Obama White House has blurred the line between “civilian” and..." ow.ly/2XQem0 1 hour ago
- Cyberwar: Armenian, Turkish hackers targeting each other's govt websites ow.ly/2XQ8iA 1 hour ago
- "With such broad criteria, the Obama White House has blurred the line between “civilian” and “militant”..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jF1RUk 2 hours ago
- "In order to deflect criticism of the department, but really his leadership, Chief Beck is now..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jF0Ay7 2 hours ago
- Video: The Fort Smith Police Department shared a hard drive with a lawyer for whistleblowers in the... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1jE-aTi 2 hours ago