Police video recorded the night a young man was fatally shot in an Arkansas patrol car while his hands were cuffed behind his back hasnt resolved questions about whether he shot himself in the head as officers said.Police released footage to The Associated Press and other news organizations under a Freedom of Information Act request this week. They released more footage Friday amid questions about why the first batch of video appeared to end before the officers found Chavis Carter, 21, slumped over and bleeding in the back of a patrol car on July 28 as described in a police report. Police have said officers had frisked Carter twice without finding a gun.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Virginia’s forced sterilization victims each to get $25k restitution payments for eugenics program — RT USA
- Canadian jailed for refusing to unlock his phone at the airport
- Prosecutors criticize D.C. crime lab’s handling of some DNA evidence – The Washington Post
- The Justice Department also says Ferguson police tolerated sexual harassment of female officers – The Washington Post
- S. African Government Will Investigate Allegations… – Matthew Aid
- #MustRead ow.ly/K22h6 31 minutes ago
- You've Probably Never Heard of America's Worst Police Force | Mother Jones ow.ly/2VB8OV 32 minutes ago
- Civil Rights Group Sue Swedish State Over Illegal Roma Register ow.ly/2VB8OU 32 minutes ago
- BBC News - Roma in Sweden: A nation questions itself - BBC News - Roma in Sweden: A nation questions itself: The p... ow.ly/2VB8OT 32 minutes ago
- "Of course, the Congress of the United States of America is no Reichstag. Members wear dark suits,..." ow.ly/2VB7zU 33 minutes ago