Declassified diplomatic cables from Australia’s embassy in Washington D.C., obtained through freedom of information requests filed by The Sydney Morning Herald, reveal that Australian officials have already begun laying the groundwork for the U.S. to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The cables show that diplomats in Assange’s home country anticipate receipt of an extradition request for Assange once a secret U.S. grand jury wraps up its investigation. They expect it so fully that embassy staff even reached out to U.S. officials for “early advice” on the potential indictment and extradition request.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Jewish extremists torch cars, desecrate mosque in Israel
- Washington State Senator: ‘Colored’ People More Likely to Commit Crimes – The Root
- Former CIA Director David Petraeus Admits Sharing Military Secrets With Mistress
- Company Asks Cops to Keep Use of License Plate Trackers Secret | American Civil Liberties Union
- Mbeki to African leaders: Invest in ICT infrastructure to solve local challenges – Vanguard News
- We saved Jews 3 times, Netanyahu should revise history lessons – Iranian FM — RT News ow.ly/2VwXXz 56 minutes ago
- Norway’s ring of peace -- New Internationalist - Norway’s ring of peace -- New Internationalist: Dubbed the ‘Solid... ow.ly/2VwXXy 56 minutes ago
- Origin of the HIV-1 group O epidemic in western lowland gorillas ow.ly/2VwXXA 56 minutes ago
- 4thWorldRadyo Call-In line is OPEN: Skype: 'aboriginalnewsgroup' / Tell us & the #4thWorld what U think abt #FergusonReport #DarrenWilson 57 minutes ago
- "The case revolves around an early human skull found in a stunningly well-preserved state at an..." ow.ly/2VwTsP 59 minutes ago