Declassified diplomatic cables from Australia’s embassy in Washington D.C., obtained through freedom of information requests filed by The Sydney Morning Herald, reveal that Australian officials have already begun laying the groundwork for the U.S. to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The cables show that diplomats in Assange’s home country anticipate receipt of an extradition request for Assange once a secret U.S. grand jury wraps up its investigation. They expect it so fully that embassy staff even reached out to U.S. officials for “early advice” on the potential indictment and extradition request.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- From Console to Trigger: How Pentagon “Exploits” Video Game Culture to Wire Youth for War | Democracy Now!
- GOP establishment fears Donald Trump could permanently tarnish Republican party image – The Boston Globe
- Former al-Qaeda mufti: I condemn ISIL attacks – Al Jazeera English
- Dell apologizes for preinstalling bogus root-certificate on computers / Boing Boing
- Teen who ran away to join ISIS allegedly beaten to death when she tried to leave
- From Console to Trigger: How Pentagon "Exploits" Video Game Culture to Wire Youth for War | Democracy Now! ow.ly/38lMQq 11 hours ago
- AWARE-LA - Statement in Solidarity with #BlackLivesMatter... | Facebook ow.ly/38lC8I 12 hours ago
- GOP establishment fears Donald Trump could permanently tarnish Republican party image - The Boston Globe ow.ly/38lBDP 12 hours ago
- 4thWorldRadyo: #DrBenCarson does not Speak 4 Me & Other COINTELPRO Distractions in N.America is.gd/tncaSh https://t.co/vMYnBt4a0E 13 hours ago
- #WhiteOnWhiteCrime more prevalent than #BlackOnBlack | Call & Post Newspaper | Cleveland, Ohio ( twitthat.com/3MIM5 ) 13 hours ago