Declassified diplomatic cables from Australia’s embassy in Washington D.C., obtained through freedom of information requests filed by The Sydney Morning Herald, reveal that Australian officials have already begun laying the groundwork for the U.S. to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.The cables show that diplomats in Assange’s home country anticipate receipt of an extradition request for Assange once a secret U.S. grand jury wraps up its investigation. They expect it so fully that embassy staff even reached out to U.S. officials for “early advice” on the potential indictment and extradition request.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Government delivered a letter of protest against the decree Obama on the US Embassy (AUDIO) | RNV – Radio Nacional de Venezuela
- Arab states should “strike” Gaza like Yemen, says advisor to Mahmoud Abbas | The Electronic Intifada
- S.F. jail inmates forced to fight, public defender says – SFGate
- Courthouse News Service – Startling Drone Pilot Revelation in DOJ Audit By ADAM KLASFELD
- How the Leaked TPP ISDS Chapter Threatens Intellectual Property Limitations and Exceptions » infojustice
- #Mumia Abu-Jamal Taken to Hospital in Emergency, Surrounded by Guards; Family & Friends Denied Access | DemocracyNow! ow.ly/L27QN 11 minutes ago
- "“Regardless of the merits of a lot of the things that happened in the report, I think it’s..." ow.ly/2WJ9Zm 23 minutes ago
- "“Regardless of the merits of a lot of the things that happened in the report, I think it’s unfortunate..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1hDuW0L 32 minutes ago
- "The Conference was chaired by Indonesian Prime Minister Ali Sastroamidjojo and Indonesian President..." ow.ly/2WDjPj 1 day ago
- "The Conference was chaired by Indonesian Prime Minister Ali Sastroamidjojo and Indonesian President..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1h43Eqb 1 day ago