• Reggie Clemons was not accused of pushing the Kerry sisters into the Mississippi. The main witness against him, Thomas Cummins, testified that he saw a black hand push his cousins into the river but failed to specify whose hand that was. Yet in the separate trial of co-defendant Antonio Richardson, Cummins said that it was Richardson who pushed the women into the river. • Clemons confessed to raping Robin Kerry, but did not confess to murder. He was found guilty of murder as an accomplice. • Two days after Clemons made the confession, he retracted it. He told St Louis police internal affairs officers that he had been beaten, punched in the chest and had his head slammed against the wall. He alleged that after hours of being assaulted he agreed to read out a confession that police officers had written in advance, because if he had refused to do so they would have beat me some more . • Police photos show that Clemons looked physically fit when he was first picked up by police, but after his was interrogated he was reported by several witnesses to have a swollen right cheek. When he came before a judge for arraignment, the judge sent him to the local hospital ER for examination, where he was diagnosed with muscle inflammation and a swollen face. • Clemons s claims of police brutality were strikingly similar to independent complaints of police beatings made by his co-defendant Marlin Gray and by Thomas Cummins, the main prosecution witness against him, even though the three men had no contact with each other. All three sets of complaints related to interrogations that occurred within the same police station involving the same alleged techniques of assault, and all within the same 48-hour time span.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- The American Jewish scholar behind Labour’s ‘antisemitism’ scandal breaks his silence | openDemocracy
- Greenpeace dumps TTIP documents that show USA arm-twisting the EU / Boing Boing
- Syria’s Assad Used Chemical Arms Against ISIS – Middle East News – Haaretz
- Son of Missing Jewish CIA Agent Levinson Traveled to Iran in Search of Father – Jewish World News – Haaretz – Israel News Haaretz.com
- Jail didn’t save video footage showing cell of man who died – Houston Chronicle
- Africa: Strong Public Support for 'Watchdog' Role Backs African News Media Under Attack -... ow.ly/8K4VKL 5 hours ago
- The American Jewish scholar behind Labour’s ‘antisemitism’ scandal breaks his silence | openDemocracy ow.ly/8K4Vyj 5 hours ago
- PressTV-Spain’s King dissolves parliament - PressTV-Spain’s King dissolves parliament ow.ly/8K4RZp 6 hours ago
- PressTV - Spain’s King dissolves parliament - PressTV - Spain’s King dissolves parliament: King Felipe VI signe... ow.ly/8K4RQD 6 hours ago
- 185,000 Killed in Mexico in 9 Years, 70,000 Under Peña Nieto | News | teleSUR English ow.ly/8K4RQE 6 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.