Press TV – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has warned the British government about “severe consequences” of a potential breach of the diplomatic status of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.In a speech on a national television on Monday August 20, Chavez threatened Britain with radical measures if its authorities break into the Ecuadorian Embassy in the UK capital to arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.Emphasizing that that the Ecuadorian government is not alone, he said, “If Britain decides to violate the sovereignty of Ecuador, our response will be radical. We advise the British government to think well over this since the epoch, when empires did whatever they wanted to, is long over.”On Thursday August 16, Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino announced that the South American country has decided to grant Assange political asylum.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- A weeping sore
- Pueblo indígena desafía jurídicamente a Peña Nieto ante máximo tribunal del país | Centro de Derechos Humanos Zeferino Ladrillero
- PressTV-‘US sends more arms to militants in Syria’
- HuffPo: Basic Gun Violence Research Is Seriously Underfunded
- Texas councilman tasered outside home says he was rehearsing dance routine – video | US news | The Guardian
- UK Muslims ‘most likely’ to be victims of hate crime - UK Muslims ‘most likely’ to be victims of hate crime: [www.... ow.ly/35toN0 2 hours ago
- "The firms included Platte River Networks, a Denver-based firm that hosted her server; SECNAP, which..." ow.ly/35tov1 2 hours ago
- "The officers - including one from an armed unit which guards Parliament and politicians - were fired..." ow.ly/35teUd 3 hours ago
- Indigenous Peoples and nations Consultation on Climate change 2015 - iitc.org ow.ly/TmloG 3 hours ago
- Israelis killed in Jerusalem bus stabbing and car ramming | World news | The Guardian ow.ly/35tdHS 3 hours ago