Press TV – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has warned the British government about “severe consequences” of a potential breach of the diplomatic status of the Ecuadorian embassy in London.In a speech on a national television on Monday August 20, Chavez threatened Britain with radical measures if its authorities break into the Ecuadorian Embassy in the UK capital to arrest WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.Emphasizing that that the Ecuadorian government is not alone, he said, “If Britain decides to violate the sovereignty of Ecuador, our response will be radical. We advise the British government to think well over this since the epoch, when empires did whatever they wanted to, is long over.”On Thursday August 16, Ecuadorian Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino announced that the South American country has decided to grant Assange political asylum.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Socialism According to Eugene V. Debs by Elizabeth Schulte
- Why the cynical focus on ‘Honour crimes’ won’t combat gender violence in the UK | Media Diversified
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Native American Woman Dies in Jail, Begging for Help. Officers Told Her to “Quit Faking” | The Free Thought Projec... ow.ly/327MP4 1 hour ago
- Suffering and loss in Istanbul’s transgender slum | Middle East Eye ow.ly/327MP5 1 hour ago
- (via ▶ Lobbyist Claims Monsanto’s Roundup Is Safe To... - (via ▶ Lobbyist Claims Monsanto’s Roundup Is Safe To Dri... ow.ly/327IR8 2 hours ago
- Organizaciones indígenas y campesinas solicitarán referéndum para reelegir a Evo Morales | RNV ow.ly/327Ivz 2 hours ago
- Video: (via ▶ Lobbyist Claims Monsanto’s Roundup Is Safe To Drink, Freaks Out When Offered A Glass -... tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1r4WraQ 2 hours ago