A PROMINENT Papua New Guinea politician says he will take legal action to stop Manus Island detention centre being reopened to house asylum seekers. National Capital District Governor Powes Parkop, a member of Prime Minister Peter ONeills coalition government, says a detention centre contradicts PNGs law and culture.”You cannot detain people here in PNG – even if they are aliens from outer space – we cannot detain them indefinitely,” Mr Parkop says.”Thats the law in PNG. It isnt in our culture to lock people up without a charge.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- “Honey Onions” probe the Dark Web: at least 3% of Tor nodes are rogues — Naked Security
- Russian news: Crowdfunded News Start-Up (Newsbud) Nails NBC for Planting CIA Intel During Turkey Coup
- WikiLeaks abetting worldwide fascist take-over | CounterVortex
- How Putin Weaponized Wikileaks to Influence the Election of an American President – Defense One
- I CARE – – Germany faces self-radicalization among frustrated young refugees
- Twitter Video - Twitter Video ow.ly/qQL9502OPPz 1 minute ago
- All the Times Donald #Trump Sucked Up To Vlaldimir #Putin twitthat.com/mQ1QK https://t.co/z4nuin7NwB 2 minutes ago
- Flood situation grim in Bihar, govt. on alert - Flood situation grim in Bihar, govt. on alert ow.ly/ehes502OA5f 2 hours ago
- #Fis4Fascism (#TheAryanAbattoir) An #Antifa.scismus Notebook wp.me/p3exIw-YV / tinyurl.com/qbsjlr5 https://t.co/ltJg235FST 2 hours ago
- Support #Antifa Prisoners! | Teespring ow.ly/Qxct302CVDr https://t.co/fvna98OdCu 2 hours ago
Inteligenta Indigena Novajoservo™ (IIN) is produced by the Aboriginal Press News Service™ (APNS), and is an Internet publication of the Aboriginal News Group™ (ANG). All editorial text, posted news items and related post images employed within this newswire are published under a CC: Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 license unless otherwise stated. Meaning, any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or the much needed elucidation of the Fourth World masses without monetary gain is duly permitted and encouraged provided credit is given where credit is due to all parties concerned. It is believed that this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. Accordingly, said material is distributed here without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving such information for research and/or educational purposes. This autonomous publication assumes no liability for the content and/or hyperlinked materials of any other website. Nor do we accept paid advertising, swag, or monetary donations. APNS-ANG and its affiliate orgs do not advocate, encourage or condone any type/form of illegal behaviour. All news material posted is provided for informational purposes only.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.