A PROMINENT Papua New Guinea politician says he will take legal action to stop Manus Island detention centre being reopened to house asylum seekers. National Capital District Governor Powes Parkop, a member of Prime Minister Peter ONeills coalition government, says a detention centre contradicts PNGs law and culture.”You cannot detain people here in PNG – even if they are aliens from outer space – we cannot detain them indefinitely,” Mr Parkop says.”Thats the law in PNG. It isnt in our culture to lock people up without a charge.
The Aboriginal Press News Service (APNS) is the international, non-partisan, not-for-profit, grassroots newswire of the Aboriginal News Group (ANG).
The Aboriginal News Group (ANG) seeks to support, educate and unify Indigenous bloggers & Indigenist Activists covering news information important to Original Peoples, First Nations communities and other ethnic-minorities subjected to discrimination, marginalisation, neoliberal exploitation racialism and genocide.
- Why the cynical focus on ‘Honour crimes’ won’t combat gender violence in the UK | Media Diversified
- Fourth World Radyo: African Objectivity versus Black Angst: The Dilemma of Liberationist Politic
- Gay CIA Contractor Claims Dangerous Harassment in War Zone | abc13.com
- “Is this your car?”: Like Sandra Bland, I confronted an officer who pulled me over for driving while black – Salon.com
- Denver Police Tell Lies About Fatal Shooting Of Native American Paul Castaway
- APNS Public Radyo | Indigenist Media for Intelligent Aboriginals ow.ly/QnxH2 48 minutes ago
- "The allegation that not just Israel but Hamas as well committed massive war crimes underpins Amnesty’s..." tmblr.co/Zu0CAw1r0VcY_ 52 minutes ago
- UN Envoy Denounces Child’s Brutal Murder By Israeli Fanatics In Nablus - International Middle East Media Center ow.ly/326eQD 2 hours ago
- "On the 'ethics' of complicity in torture" by J.B.Gerald - on-the-ethics-of-complicity-in torture: [nightslantern.... ow.ly/326eQC 2 hours ago
- Hamas calls for 'fitting' Palestinian response to deadly arson attack - Israel News ow.ly/326eQB 2 hours ago